5.0 out of 5 stars A rumble in the jungle
A brilliantly illustrated book of verse that is a must for all carers of under 5's. The verses themselves are a joy to read aloud. The tape that comes with the book brings life to the jungle and its animals. Hugh Lawrie's wit shines through the narrative. The flipside enables the child to follow the tape while reading the book and has a marvellous selection of music...
Published on 5 July 2002 by Vintage fine maid

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed
The book is beautifully presented, with lovely pop-up/activity sections, however, I was disappointed with the very small number of animal poems/pictures and pages.

I was buying this book as a gift and as the owner of the non-pop-up version of the book, rightly or wrongly I had expected the full version of the book (13 animal poem & pictures)to be provided with...
Published on 16 Dec. 2011 by cheshiremum

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 8 Jan. 2010
M. Westwood - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rumble in the Jungle (Board book)
Another great book by this author with good rhymes and illustrations for my son (18 months) to identify different animals, insects and trees.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rumble in the Jungle, 9 July 2009
L. Davidson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rumble in the Jungle (Paperback)
This is a great book, my 3 year loves listening to this book and I never get tired of reading it. Great pictures and rhymes, fab book.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a rumble., 6 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Rumble in the Jungle (Paperback)
My son loves this book. Great for introducing animal names and sounds. Well illustrated. I have bought the whole series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for toddlers, 15 April 2000
Andrea Eicke (London, UK) - See all my reviews
We went into a bookshop with our 2 year old when he spotted the book on a low shelf and he immediately fell in love with it. The excellent illustrations of animals that live in the jungle (and some that don't) and the funny and snappy text make it one of his favourite books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice drawings, not very good rhymes., 25 May 2011
B. V. Palmeiro (The Canaries, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rumble in the Jungle (Book & CD) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my 2-year-old son and he really likes it. He likes looking at the pictures of jungle animals and finding the little ants hidden on every page. I've tried to read the rhymes which go with the pictures, but except for the first one on the first page, the rest are rather poor and it is difficult to read them naturally. We end up making up our own stories about the animals and, as the pictures are very nice with lots of little details, that is good enough. As for the CD, my son does not really like it. Probably for the same reason that he prefers to listen to made-up stories rather than the actual poems. However, the CD includes nice music that he may grow to like when he is a little older. All in all, the book is not a bad purchase, but not as good as you may think from reading the first page shown as a preview.

5.0 out of 5 stars pop up book, 15 Jun. 2010
Lucy M. Morrell "Louby Lou" (liverpool) - See all my reviews
This book was really good! i really liked the pop up effects. I bought these to use when teaching and the children in my class found it really enjoyable to listen to and to read themselves!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 24 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Rumble in the Jungle (Board book)
This is a book that can be enjoyed by all. The poems are fun and the pictures are bright and colourful, it is a book that we return to again and again!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The children loved it(so did I), 31 Aug. 2010
D. Burgess (Lancashire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rumble in the Jungle (Book & CD) (Paperback)
Took this into school in original packaging for more dramatic effect. Its a winner. Lovely illustations and Hugh Laurie does a brilliant job reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 2 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Rumble in the Jungle (Paperback)
My son, who is 23 months, absolutely adores this book. Bright, lively characters and fun rhyming verse make this book engaging for toddlers and enjoyable for a parent to read to them. The pop-up element is fairly robust and has so far stood up to my son being rather enthusiastic when turning the pages. After being initially frightened of the pop-up lion in the centre of the book, my son soon overcame his fear when I showed him that he could poke his finger up the lion's nose. Highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 2 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Rumble in the Jungle (Board book)
This book is so beautiful, the colours and the story are great for young children and quite fun for adults to read out to them. The only thing I would say is that the hard cover is a lot smaller than the original book, which I didn't realise when I ordered, so the writing is harder to read and the pages just don't seem as vibrant. I suggest if you have a child who is book friendly and not in the habit of throwing them around then the original soft cover is MUCH better.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

Rumble in the Jungle (Book & CD)
Rumble in the Jungle (Book & CD) by Giles Andreae (Paperback - 1 Feb. 2007)