Format: Paperback|Change

My son and I started this series with book two. There was nothing on the cover or inside the title page to indicate the p[lace in the series. But that did not matter; we loved the story and have finished most of the other 3 books in a very short time. I know a series of books I am reading with my kids is great when I want to keep reading when we have finished their chapters for the day. It has taken an amazing amount of personal willpower not to read ahead in the books and finish the series without my son and just reread them as reading with him. My youngest has even joined us and read one of the books.

These are delightful tales to enthral children of all ages, in our household from 4-45 we all love them. Lucy Pennykettle and her daughter Liz have a secret. Not all the clay statues Lucy makes are what they appear, ever now and again she makes a special Dragon and through some magic, and the ancient dragon languages things always become exciting. In this particular story the town council has decided that in order to save money they will be replacing the broken clock in the library tower with something more modern. This is not something Lucy will stand for. And as Lucy gets more and more worked up Liz gets more and more worries. This story has a protest rally, a sit in, a ghost, evil henchmen, and let's not forget dragons; what kids not like about such a wonderful mix?

Chris writes wonderful books, they capture the imagination of children and keep the parents interested and engaged. We love these books and as this was our introduction Gauge will always have a special place in our hearts. A wonderful read for child and adult alike!
on 20 January 2013
These books are aimed at children but adults who don't mind the age bracket will probably enjoy them too. This one is about a dragon who reasons things out and manages to repair the town's clock so that it is not replaced, this clock is a clock with character, introduce your family to these books, they are well worth it
on 19 April 2013
Another one of the authors amazing books full of fun and daring adventure with a bit fright included in it
on 6 February 2011
These are my daughters fave books. She can't get enough of them. Highly recommended for any dragon lovers out there!