5.0 out of 5 stars The Beast Quest books are brilliant
i have just finished reading series 1 in the Beast Quest series and I could not put the books down, they were brilliant. The books are about a boy named Tom who goes on quests to save the kingdom Avantia and this book Ferno The Fire Dragon is the best.

Published on 1 Mar 2009

3.0 out of 5 stars 8 year old loves this series
My son loves the series, but they aren't the best written books. He reads these while on holiday, but not during term time.
Published 2 months ago by xgua

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beast Quest books are brilliant, 1 Mar 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Beast Quest: 1: Ferno the Fire Dragon (Paperback)

I was 7 years old when i read this book and learnt to read lots of new words. I am now reading series 2 and want to get the special editions next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beast Quest, 18 Feb 2009
Liz (Brighton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beast Quest: 1: Ferno the Fire Dragon (Paperback)
A young hero, a cursed kingdom, a fearsome beast and an exciting quest. An excellent start to a series that is aimed at encouraging young boys to read. My five-year-old grandson loved it and can't wait for the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Formulaic storylines, but a hit with the kids, 12 July 2009
VJ (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beast Quest: 1: Ferno the Fire Dragon (Paperback)
I bought the first book in the series to read to my five year old son - I wanted something with chapters that would keep him entertained and coming back for more, and that is exactly what we got with these stories.

I didn't know anything about the books before we bought it - it was a chance find at Waterstones, but what a find!

My little boy is enthralled with them, we get an opportunity to discuss words he hasn't heard before, and he asks me whenever he can to read a chapter with him - I never say no.

I have to say that these books have the added bonus of giving us an opportunity to go to the bookshop together (sorry Amazon) to buy the next volume every couple of weeks. For me it is a great opportunity to get out of the house and have a little 'father/son' time.

Most of all, he is enjoying 'grown up' books, and he tells me that before we get to the end of the series, he will be able to read the books to me. Now, what more can you ask from a series of kids books than that?

Sure, the stories are formulaic, but I'm not a five year boy - to them, the stories are wonderful - I'd recommend these to any parent with a child aged between about 5 and 8, particularly boys, who will want to read them themselves, although the books do have a strong female character throughout, so the girls shouldn't feel too left out by these books.

5.0 out of 5 stars We loved it!, 23 Sep 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Beast Quest: 1: Ferno the Fire Dragon (Paperback)
I'm 5 years old (6 in January) and my mum has bought me these lovely books. Free inside each book you get a bookmark and 2 top trump cards with things on from the story. I liked the story especially when Tom jumped from his horse onto the dragon's wing. I thought the story was super duper trooper! I can't wait to get the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 29 Oct 2013
K. G. A. Alavi (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beast Quest: 1: Ferno the Fire Dragon (Paperback)
I read this to my 6 year old, a couple of chapters per night. I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed reading it to him almost as much as he enjoyed listening. The language is simple as it is a children's book but the scenes are detailed and the series is fast paced and action packed.

The world of Avantia has been protected by 6 mystical beasts. An evil wizard Malvall has turned them evil using 6 golden collars. With the beasts attacking the King must send his armies to repair the damage caused by the beasts. He also sends his braves Knights to use a golden key to unlock the collars. None have returned from this take. The good Wizard Aduro finds a prophecy of an unlikely hero will release the beasts. Enter Tom the son a legendary hero, raised by his aunt and uncle. Tom accepts the Beast Quest. Of course you can't send a 12 year old out to fight dragons and such on his own. So Aduro gives him a Sword that seems to be made specifically for him. Then a wooden shield, and a great stallion called Storm. The he is told to trust his instincts about the people he will meet and those who can help him. In true dungeons and dragons tradition the weapons and the characters skills can be upgrades after battles. Also new friends could be added to the group.

Even though it is aim at younger readers it is a great story and works for all ages. Nice simple language for kids, just dark and gritty enough for more mature readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 28 July 2013
The first really understanding book I have read now I Will read the whole series and the bumper books. AMAZING

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book but !!!!, 11 July 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I recommend it to any one especially first readers as it is easy to read . At times I was at the edge of my seat . My only concern is that the book is too short and you could read it in a hour . Otherwise it was great .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 2 May 2013
D. A. Sykes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beast Quest: 1: Ferno the Fire Dragon (Paperback)
Son enjoying this series of books, definitely worth buying second hand books for 8 year old, speedy delivery, use again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 16 Mar 2013
M. Perkin "Me/Here" (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
I put five stars because it's a really good book. I liked it because it was a bit adventurous and I liked the story of Tom and Ferno

5.0 out of 5 stars Beast quest, 20 Feb 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and ever character I give it 5 stars because it was great book and I would recommend it to anyone

Beast Quest: 1: Ferno the Fire Dragon
Beast Quest: 1: Ferno the Fire Dragon by Adam Blade (Paperback - 5 July 2007)
3.99