Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 5 August 2007
This author-illustrator partnership seems to be going from strength to strength - this is a corker. There are already lovely Noah's ark picture books, but this one is definitely worth having. The pictures are bright and cheerful with lots of appealing animals to spot and a funky striped ark that looks fun to be aboard. The story is told with strong rhythm and rhyme:
"Well, the days went by and the weeks went past,
and it seemed the flood would last and last".
Inside the ark, tempers begin to get frayed: the rodents were ratty, camels got the hump and so on, so Noah suggests a talent show to keep everyone happy.
"And the animals came on two by two
to show the things that they could do."
The caterpillars watch, wrapped up in their cocoons, wishing that they too could take a turn and then at last they do, emerging as beautiful rainbow butterflies to lead the way into the bright new world. Smashing!
on 6 November 2006
The illustrations are glorious, the verse is delightful. We found the idea of the animals on the ark getting "cabin fever" highly amusing and we were able to talk about what happens when we have some rainy days here when everyone gets a little restless. My 4 yr old daughter is particularly taken with this book. There are a lot of children's books about Noah's ark, but this is going to be a firm favourite in our family, I think.
on 11 October 2007
A fantastic book to read outloud, my son (20 months) asks for it almost every bed time ("boat boat!")and I love it too, I'm sure it will be on our top ten for many years to come as its great for all ages.
on 1 October 2014
My 2 year old spends ages just looking at each page and pointing out the amusing things, from crocodiles dancing to monkeys shouting. The idea of being bored or cross because it is raining and you can't go out is a familiar one, so we can identify with that. One of our favourites from the moment it arrived.
on 22 November 2009
This is my 16 month old daughter's favourite book, and her 8 months and 3 years old cousins, and 4 and 6 years old neighbours all love it too. Some of my daughter's first words were 'bang bang tap tap chip chip chip' complete with bottom bounces and waving fists. Try reading it calypso style! Only one thing, the CD is rather disappointing, not really worth the extra few quid, so stick with the basic version (and use the money you saved to buy a spare for when the first one wears out / gets pinched by an envious toddler)All Afloat on Noah's Boat
on 5 October 2010
I was so thrilled with this book, my little boy who is only 3 months old really loves it and giggles all the way through. I have to say, I also enjoyed the humour and the great illustrations myself. A great purchase!
on 20 July 2011
This is enjoyable to read and tell's the tale of Noah's ark in a funny and entertaining way. Enjoyable for parent and child even when read very frequently. Would probably suit age 3 to 7.
on 27 December 2011
This book is great ! It is written very well, so much fun to read, great pictures, off all the books I have bought I think this is one of the best.
on 10 December 2011
it arrived promptly and in good condition. as it will be given at christmas, I haven't yet seen his reaction, but the content looks great.
on 11 June 2009
Brilliant - the children know it off by heart and love the upbeat rhythm of the verse and the humour - "the camels got the hump"...... It's a book adults enjoy too, two staff members I work with have bought it now.