on 21 July 2008
Lovely little story, loved by my cat loving three year old daughter. First read whilst visiting Waterstones, then borrowed from the library and then bought. Naughty cat is chasing a bird and ends up falling out of a tree and breaking his leg. Doctor Miaow picks him up in an ambulance and takes him to Kiss It Better hospital. His treatment is to get his leg mended and think about his actions. Bird comes to visit with some flowers and the cat promises to never chase him again.
on 18 May 2010
This is a lovely story containing lots of exciting dialogue and interesting pictures for kids who love emergencies, ambulances etc. My 2 and a half year old absolutely loves it. He recently went into hospital and this was a very reassuring read for him, although don't expect lots of realistic information on being in hospital - just a fun story. Check out Chief Rhino and other books by Sam Lloyd too.
on 12 January 2011
I am buying this for my daughter (2.5yo) as we have now borrowed it from the library six times- she can recite it in full, and she want's to be a doctor on the back of it. Very nice moral too (hurt own leg whilst chasing bird, but hurt mr bird's feeling more, and they all make it up). Nice pictures as well - an all round good book
on 12 September 2012
Dr. Miaow's Big Emergency' has become a firm favourite at bedtime in our house :-) Lovely illustrations with a nice message of friendship. Will be buying the other 'Whoops-a-Daisy World' books pronto! The Mr. Pusskins series is still our favourite from Sam Lloyd!
on 7 December 2012
We must have read this a 1000 times or more & never get tired of the story or the pictures. I would love to see a series of the Kiss It Better hospital. Dr Miaow is as good a character as Mr Pusskins, if not better.........
on 8 December 2010
absolutely brilliant full range of Sam Lloyd books, Great size, easy for little ones to hold and great illustration.
Genius. Our favourite and little one wants it read over and over again and I still enjoy it. Very funny!
on 7 April 2014
My daughter found this book in the library and we had to buy it as she didn't want to ever return it. Not too many words so nice quick and simple book to read and plenty going on in the pictures.
on 29 November 2012
Really like these books - cannot fault them. 3 year old has this, fire chief rhino and inspector croc and likes to pick up the characters which appear in all 3.
on 26 April 2014
My four year old son absolutely loves the whoops a daisy world books. Buy them, even if second hand! Brilliant.
on 12 May 2014
A great story enjoyed by a 4 and 7 year old. Easy to read and to be read. We all enjoyed it.