5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant example of communication about science and humanity
Do you enjoy great detective puzzles? Do you like noticing small anomalies, and turning them into clues to an unexpected explanation? Do you like watching world-class scientists at work, piecing together insights to create new theories, and coping with disappointments when their theories appear to be disproved?

In the book “Our mathematical...
Published 14 months ago by David Wood

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work on Kindle because of too many diagrams
It does not work on Kindle because there are too many diagrams. But Max is great fun and I love him BUT (sort Max) I only rate him three because on with this book you should get a free Kindle version with the hard copy because of the diagrams that can't be easily related to the explanatory text on Kindle.
Published 2 months ago by J. Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Hardback edition does not have colour images, 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Our Mathematical Universe: My Quest for the Ultimate Nature of Reality (Hardcover)
Just a warning that the hardback edition does not have colour images. The preview above is for the kindle edition only, all of the images lose a fair amount of meaning in transfer to greyscale.

I would happily pay for a full colour printed version (as the kindle version is) if such a thing exists.

4.0 out of 5 stars More questions than answers!, 8 Mar. 2014
An enjoyable read, making complex ideas from physics understandable. Not ultimately convinced by the notion of multiple parallel universes. The last chapter asks a number of crucial questions which have to be answered whatever particular theory of the origin and nature of the universe one adopts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 8 Oct. 2014
The MUH is fascinating as is the multiverse. This book is a great read. Highly recommended to everyone who wants to stretch their mind's.

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, 8 Feb. 2014
A good introduction to the universe mixing interesting personal stories about a scientist life with latest theories and discoveries. Highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work!, 16 Jan. 2014
I wrote Moving Through Parallel Worlds To Achieve Your Dreams to blow some cerebral cortices and to inspire readers, by integrating 'The Many-Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Physics' with the latest in self-help. Now Max Tegmark is the flag bearer today for 'The Many-Worlds Interpretation,' so I was thrilled when I heard he had completed this book. Our Mathematical Universe it turns out, is not only rigorous and scientifically thorough, but it is also mind-blowing and inspiring. Dr. Tegmark takes you on a biographical and precise journey through level after level of parallel worlds, and then just when you start to wonder where this is all heading, he exposes the physical universe for the illusion that it is. He convinces you that the answer to everything, is indeed 42. He convinces you that your very brain is complicit in the illusion of reality, and makes you wonder who the 'you' is that is observing all of this. You finish Our Mathematical Universe feeling much wiser and quite literally immortal. I am impressed at how this book was written in a manner that allows it to be readable for the newly initiated, but also with the depth and precision one would expect from a Ph.D cosmologist. Buy it, read it; great work! - Kevin Michel

5.0 out of 5 stars A++, 20 Dec. 2014
A++

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating read, 2 July 2014
A fascinating read, I can only recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing read and a mind calming book., 18 Sept. 2014
An amazing read and a mind calming book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 Oct. 2014
Ok but hard work in places

5.0 out of 5 stars love hate, 14 May 2014
when I first started on this book I loved it to pieces
then it got a bit trippy about multi verses and I hated it.

Its challenging with very low maths content
I'm going to read it again though it has some compelling ideas in it.

Our Mathematical Universe: My Quest for the Ultimate Nature of Reality