1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for the average pianist who likes TV themes., 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: The TV Book (Great Piano Solos) (Paperback)
I play every day (when possible) and this book is a great addition to my swelling music library.

Recently, I visited Agatha Cristie's house "Greenway" which you can view here [...].
As I walked into the main living room, I saw a lady sat at Agatha's piano. She asked the group of visitors "Does anyone play the piano?" I couldn't resist and played a couple of memorized pieces.
This book has the Poirot theme in it, but at the time, much to my regret, I hadn't got around to memorizing that particular piece. Since then, I have and I play it nearly every day, just to make sure that when I next go to Greenway, I can play it. What a thrill that will be!

Anyway, back to the book, about half the pieces are really worth playing and possibly memorizing. Some are not suitable for the piano, but that's my opinion.
When you buy any book like this, there are bound to be fillers. That's something I've learned to accept.
If all the pieces were as good as the Poirot theme, this would get 5 stars. The quality is good and the familiar TV themes are fun to try.

The TV Book (Great Piano Solos)
The TV Book (Great Piano Solos) (Paperback - 8 May 2006)
14.95