5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book
As a trivia freak, I really enjoyed this book. Devilishly hard questions and some easier ones so that you don't throw the book across the room in frustration.
Wouldn't recommend it for trivia newbies, tho for quiz addicts, this is a must buy.
Published on 19 Feb 2011 by ChrisB

3.0 out of 5 stars lots of good questions but badly laid out
what lets this down is the way this is laid out, it is a very fat book and really hard to get quickly to the answers, they should be more intelligently positioned at the end of each chapter/quiz... the quality of the questions is its saving grace
Published 17 months ago by Diff

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 19 Feb 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring out your inner-geek!, 5 Jan 2011
This review is from: The University Challenge Quiz Book (Paperback)
What an absolutely brilliant book! Bought this book at Christmas for my dad, who is a great lover of the TV show. It's brilliant. This is a must-have for any University Challenge geek!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Quiz, 7 Mar 2012
Geoffrey Walker (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The University Challenge Quiz Book (Paperback)
If you are weary of quiz books which appear to cater mainly for football and soap opera fans and you enjoy dredging your memory for the flotsam and jetsam of your wide (if not deep) reading, then this book is for you. (It might also help if you know that you don't dredge for flotsam). Like the quiz itself, the book is unashamedly elitist and enormous fun if you enjoy runnning the gauntlet of fiendishly specialised questions in the hope that, just occasionally, you may know the answer. It took me back to the days when I appeared on several University Challenge episodes. I couldn't believe how little I knew then and this collection of quizzes reminds me how little I know now.

5.0 out of 5 stars You know what to expect (and there's lots of it!), 28 Feb 2012
Arynth (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I've been working through this for the last few months with my wife and there's always something for both of us (though we tend to skip the music questions). There's surprisingly little repetition given the thousands of questions and if you're at all interested in cryptic trivia, then this is for you. If you're not a fan of the series or its question format, I'd stay away.

*NOTE FOR KINDLE USERS* I'd be wary about buying the Kindle format version of this book. It's almost acceptable on the iPad where you can use bookmarks to skip between questions and answers but it's practically impossible to use on the Kindle devices. I hope future quiz books will have the answers by round instead of separated front-back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly good fun, 15 April 2011
This review is from: The University Challenge Quiz Book (Paperback)
Bought this book as I regularly watch the show and it does not dissapoint, the questions are equally challenging and enjoyable. Some features that is in the show that aren't in the book are music and picture rounds. I took this book to a friends house and a large group of us had a university challenge night, it was highly amusing and great fun I recommend to all. One downside is that the answers are all together at the back so it can be a tad awkward when flicking from the front to the back of the book with every question.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas present for Son and daughter in law. Thrilled., 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: The University Challenge Quiz Book (Paperback)
My son and daughter in law love University Challenge and compete with each other folliowing strictly the rules, so were delighted with this present and look forward to going backwards to questions posed years ago. It is a full book with hours of feeling adequate or inadequate! Wish I could be there with them, but will be soon when I will join in being a long term addict of UC.

5.0 out of 5 stars University Challenge Quiz Book, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: The University Challenge Quiz Book (Paperback)
An inspired idea for a Christmas present for our son-in-law. He really enjoys quizzes and particularly University Challenge. We even had a family quiz after all the festivities on Christmas Day. Full of intriguing facts; well woth the money for a person who likes this kind of thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show, great book, but one small complaint, 4 Jan 2012
This review is from: The University Challenge Quiz Book (Paperback)
Considering I've been watching the show almost religiously for several years I felt it was appropriate to pick this up for a bit of fun. Thousands of questions to keep me busy, only one small complaint I have that some of the questions in the book are taken directly from recent seasons so I've remembered them from it. I can hardly complain because it says in the description "Over 3,500 challenging questions from Britain's longest-running quiz show.", but I couldn't think of anywhere else to fault it.

Still plenty of questions for me to answer incorrectly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jun 2014
Mr. T. Chapman (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
VERY AMUSING

4.0 out of 5 stars School quizing, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: The University Challenge Quiz Book (Paperback)
The book was to provide guidance for an internal high school quiz in India. Differences in educational standards between the UK and India mean that the questions (directed at university level) can be applied to high school level in India (with some exceptions) . The differences in no way limit its application.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The University Challenge Quiz Book
The University Challenge Quiz Book by Steve Tribe (Paperback - 7 Oct 2010)
6.99