5.0 out of 5 stars A book to enjoy for all ages
Published on 30 Nov. 2008 by L Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars a happy book
Pam Ayres had recently appeared on the TV Channel Four programme "Countdown" and recited a wonderful set of poems.
The book was mentioned in the programme so I bought it as a present to my wife. She loves it!
Published on 1 Feb. 2009 by Mr. J. P. Chance

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to enjoy for all ages, 30 Nov. 2008
L Williams "les-williams" (Exeter) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Pam Ayres is one of those rare people who can bring tears of laughter to her audience with her gentle humour, whatever their age. These poems are from her early years and seem just as fresh as ever. Pam has written some introductions to the poems and there are some nice line drawings. I think most people will have heard at least one of the poems; I'm half expecting Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall to recite "The Battery Hen" at any moment, it is just as true now as it ever was.
I can't imagine anyone not getting enjoyment from this book, it proves that poetry doesn't have to be dull.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings laughter and joy to your day, 3 July 2010
Sophie Marianne (Chelmsford, Essex) - See all my reviews
Pam Ayres - the Works: The Classic Collection
This book proved to be everything i wanted it to be. I have previously borrowed a Pam Ayres book from a friend and readlly enjoyed it so decided to buy one, the leter version, for myself. I found it both funny, hilarious in parts and touvhing at others and have browsed through very many times and will keep it forever. It is a really good read whether sitting on a sun-bed in the garden or whilst relaxing but especially good on those nights when you just can't sleep and you need something to cheer you up. This does the job perfectly. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Nostalgic, 21 Jun. 2010
Monarch Butterfly (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Pam Ayres - The Works: The Classic Collection (Paperback)
Well done Pam, for this look into where some of the ideas came from to produce the poems that we know and loved. Especially I Wished I`d Looked After Me Teeth, which having read out to both of my Grandaughters , they love coming up to me now and saying Oh Mamma (Grandma) I Wish I`d Looked After Me Teeth , then are in fits of laughter for a while.If you need a laugh, then this book is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alma's fun reading, 1 Feb. 2009
Alma "Alma" (Runcorn, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
When I read this I could hear Pam Ayres speaking - I really enjoyed this book and, of course, one of the benefits was that you didn't have to read it all in one go. As usual with Pam very entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pam Ayres - The Classic Collection, 6 Feb. 2009
Amanda H (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
The Works: The Classic Collection: The Works - The Classic Collection

Already being a fan of Pam Ayres' work, I bought this for my mum at Christmas.

She thought it was well put together and excellently presented.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, Laugh Out Loud Funny!, 3 Sept. 2010
I love Pam Ayres style of poetry, it's down to earth for "normal" people not "high brow." You don't need to be a Professor with a degree in Literature to enjoy it like you do with some poetry you're made to read at school!

It made me laugh out loud and I have recommended it to all my friends, in fact we had a right laugh reading out a poem from the book and craking up with laughter!

Just buy it! It's great! If you like this type of poetry you'll also love "The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse)by Juliette Westbrook-Finch, it's a similar style and very enjoyable.The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pam Ayres The Classic Collection, 1 Feb. 2009
Pam is and always will be an honest to goodness writer who puts in words all our failures and is so true to life, she just gets better and better

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 13 Jan. 2014
MRS V F OTTO (Nr Eastbourne, East Sussex, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pam Ayres - The Works: The Classic Collection (Paperback)
I chose this rating because Pam Ayres is a favourite of mine. We entertain at elderly peoples Warden controlled homes and they love to hear her poems All her books are good.
The delivery was swift and Id order again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Pam Ayres - The Works: The Classic Collection (Paperback)
I love pam ayres. Her poems are funny and lyrical. They tell many stories and will have you laughing and understanding the life within them. They often relate to everyday situations and often forget your reading poetry.

5.0 out of 5 stars the works by Pam Ayres, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Pam Ayres - The Works: The Classic Collection (Paperback)
Loved it, Pam has a way with words that make most things seem ''funny''

even every day comings & goings ,,,,,,,makes you wonder why you don't always see the

funny side too

Pam Ayres - The Works: The Classic Collection
Pam Ayres - The Works: The Classic Collection by Pam Ayres (Paperback - 18 Feb. 2010)