1,501 of 1,523 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to know what recipes are included in the book...please read my review below
I thought I'd list the recipes contained within the book...as when I was looking to purchase the book, I couldn't find a contents list anywhere :-).

You'll find that Mary Berry uses minimal ingredients, and yet the cakes are superb.

I've listed the recipes below...enjoy.

Sooz.

Madeira Cake
Large all in one Victoria...
Published on 3 Jan 2012 by Sooz

3.0 out of 5 stars Cook
This book is just another cook book by another baker. Nothing outstanding and nothing that Delia hasn't covered or your gran come to that. I'm just glad I've got it on my kindle and it is not taking up shelf space.
Published 29 days ago by Anniecan

‹ Previous | 1 2 356 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 12 Dec 2009
Ms. Wilma Stewart (Arbroath Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mary Berry's Baking Bible (Hardcover)
Have tried a number of recipes from this book and they have all been superb. Would recommend it to anyone who loves baking and also to anyone learning to bake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I Expected, 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Mary Berry's Baking Bible (Hardcover)
Great book, and I would highly recommend it. Clear and comprehensive introduction covers everything you need to know before starting out on the easy to follow recipes, and wonderful results. Beautifully illustrated so you know what things should look like, and ingredients clearly listed in a left justified column, so everything is easy to follow. It is in use several times a week, so I don't bother putting it away now. I could wax lyrical about the Crunchy Lemon Cake, Victoria Sponge, and several traybakes. Only downside is I'm using it so much that I'm starting to gain weight. I would recommend this book for beginners and experienced bakers alike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent range of cakes -with recipes that work, 9 July 2011
This review is from: Mary Berry's Baking Bible (Hardcover)
If you have special dietary requirements then this is not the book for you although it is easy converting most of them to dairy free apart from the few cream filled ones.
The book is well laid out and has been broken down into 19 chapters covering different cake types eg Classic cakes, Chocolate cakes, Traybakes and flapjacks etc and therefore has a good repertoire (from quick to make to more time consuming elaborate ones). A good choice for everyone.
I have made three different cakes so far (slowly working through them)- no problems encountered - each recipe easy to follow - all have been very nice indeed and I have already been asked to make them again.
It is a book that I think you will use time and time again and is appropriately entitled.

5.0 out of 5 stars mary berrys baking bible, 18 Dec 2009
Peter A. Land (nuneaton UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mary Berry's Baking Bible (Hardcover)
Everything you need to know about cake baking. It will take me years to work my way through these recipies but I have made a good start and my waistline is expanding rapidly.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Mary Berry fanatic, 5 Jan 2010
M. Smith "msmithag" (Bucks, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mary Berry's Baking Bible (Hardcover)
Mary Berry's cookery books are always a real treat and this is certainly no exception. If you are 'into' baking, this is a must. Lots of new recipes plus a few good old faithfuls - all utterly reliable and laid out in typically Mary Berry style. Clear, concise instructions, and lots of helpful hints (and pictures so that you can see how your efforts should turn out!). Enjoy the cooking and see the delight on the faces of those who will appreciate your culinary endeavours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: Mary Berry's Baking Bible (Hardcover)
Great book - easy to follow recipes, great section of explanatory notes in the front, and some reasons for soggy bottoms and such. The 7 recipes we have tried all work and are tasty and straightforward. Heartily recommend. No faddy ingredients, and fancy kit needed. The woman is a super star.

5.0 out of 5 stars The reliable cook book, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Mary Berry's Baking Bible (Hardcover)
I have been a follower of Mary Berry for many years and have in fact been down to her house for cookery demonstrations which were excellent. Mary's recipes are always most reliable if followed accurately as she always said baking is a science.

The book is very well laid out and well illustrated and it does incourage one to make things rather than buy ready made things home made is by far the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tempting, 6 Oct 2012
M. Rance (London) - See all my reviews
I read a review of this book by a woman who was baking her way through every recipe. I don't think I will manage that, but so far all the ones I have tried have been a great success. Succinct and clear recipes. I didn't do much baking before, but now I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very Good Book, 3 Oct 2012
This review is from: Mary Berry's Baking Bible (Hardcover)
I have a copy of this book, given to me by one of my daughters & thought I wouldn`t have much use for it, as I am a competent cook/baker. How wrong can you be? I have never had a failure using these recipes, it is an excellent point of reference for even the most experienced & all the cakes are delicious. I am about to purchase a copy for another daughter. to use with her litle boy, so she doesn`t have to keep ringing me up for recipes & advice!

4.0 out of 5 stars needs a few more pictures, 31 Oct 2011
This review is from: Mary Berry's Baking Bible (Hardcover)
Like all Mary's books, the recipes are fantastic. They always work for me and turn out well. I loved the double chocolate cookies. It is an expanded "Ultimate Cakes " but she states in her introduction that she felt she should create a new ultimate cake book. This one includes bread too. I wish that there were a few more pictures, that is why I have given it 4 stars, not 5. I would recommend it to anyone. If you have never baked before just start with the more basic recipes (Victoria sandwich, or small cakes) Get baking anyway, even if it goes wrong, at least you know what ingredients were in it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 356 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x104ff0c0)

Mary Berry's Baking Bible
Mary Berry's Baking Bible by Mary Berry (Hardcover - 3 Sep 2009)
16.75