5.0 out of 5 stars Easy tiger, 17 April 2009
This review is from: Torchwood: Pack Animals (Hardcover)
I agree that this is reasonably lightweight fare coming after Twilight Streets but I enjoyed the Torchwood team being whole and sparking off one another in fine style. Now that Tosh and Owen are no more it'll be interesting to see if the programme can thrive without two of its strongest members, but if engaging and accessible novels like this keep being commissioned then I for one will be happy. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Thrilling Tale!, 29 Sep 2014
G. K. Griffiths (Wolverhampton, West Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Torchwood: Pack Animals (Hardcover)
(Review by my 15-Year Old son)
Pack Animals is the seventh Torchwood novel, written by Peter Anghelides. Peter has previously written the first Torchwood novel : "Another Life". Whilst I do own this, I've sadly yet to read it (I never read any Doctor Who or Torchwood novel series in the release order). However, my first impressions of Peter's writing are very good. Every page has great detail and the writing is never dull or confusing.

The premise of the story is a very good one, and (Spoilers coming!) as I'm a complete and utter nerd myself, I love the idea of the monsters from trading cards coming to life and terrorising Cardiff's population. The idea is completely original, at least in the Torchwood universe. The characterisation of each of the Torchwood team is also bang on target and realistic.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this novel, and its probably my favourite one of the Torchwood novels. After reading Peter Anghelides' writing, I am looking forward to reading "Another Life". Definitely recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Restored my faith in Torchwood books, 18 Oct 2008
B. Pennant "old skool booklover" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Torchwood: Pack Animals (Hardcover)
After reading and disliking Twilight Streets which put me off reading any more the the Torchwood books that came out after series 1. However after reading up on this book on the dr who forum I decided to give this a try. And didn't regret it. I really loved this book and Peter Anghelides did a great job in recreating the characters from the tv show in a believable way.

The book starts off with Rhys shopping in prepartion for his wedding in a Cardiff shopping mall which descends into to chaos and death with a set of playing cards and the rift creating havoc in Cardiff.

I love this book as it gives the team (which includes Tosh & Owen) a chance to shine and has more for Ianto to do since Twilight Streets it continues the relationships as they are in the tv shows with some tender and funny moments.

If you are awaiting series 3 and need a Torchwood fix I would highly recommend getting this to tide you over.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Torchwood: Pack Animals (Hardcover)
it came on time and its one of my fav books the damages are nearly perfect as it was a used product

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concept, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Torchwood: Pack Animals (Hardcover)
The idea of the 'trading card' monsters was excellent, although the novel does have a few stale chapters, and the beginning is hard to get into.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 14 July 2010
This review is from: Torchwood: Pack Animals (Hardcover)
I have been disappointed by some previous Torchwood books, but this one was a good read. The existing Torchwood characters were well done and the new ones were reasonably compelling. I liked the plot and the fight scenes, and it was quite witty in places. It was easy to imagine as an episode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: Torchwood: Pack Animals (Hardcover)
delivery was fast and the item is as described

5.0 out of 5 stars Pack Animals BUY IT BUY IT NOW! lol, 9 Feb 2009
H. Porter "BRYONY P.C" (Barrasford, northumberland,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Torchwood: Pack Animals (Hardcover)
This has to be my favourite book in the TW series

The concept of a card game with creatures that to come to life is in genius. Any Janto fans or Ianto fans will love this book because it has them on a date and a large chunk about Ianto. This book has been beautifuly writen by Peter Anghelides doing a great job of bringing the characters to life and making them just like they are on screen. Overall i think this is the best book yet in the series and cant wat for more to come out!

4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining read, 29 Dec 2008
This review is from: Torchwood: Pack Animals (Hardcover)
For a long time I was kept in the dark and I didn`t like that very much. There are quite a few scenes in which strangers were butchered by monsters and these descriptions went sometimes too far for my taste. It often felt like horror for horror`s sake without adding anything of substance to the overall story.

On the other hand, even when I got impatient, I never lost my curiosity of what is going on here. The idea of monster trading cards coming to life is interesting and on a certain level entertaining. Unfortunately the book doesn`t offer much concerning character development. The interactions are predictable and don`t offer any surprises. The only aspect that caught my attention about the known characters is the question about Jack`s limits to regenerate.

It gets more interesting later in the book when answers are being revealed and the climax is well written. For a quick, entertaining read I can recommend the book but it is certainly not one of the best Torchwood novels I have read so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars The third series of Torchwood novels kicks of splendidly!, 11 Oct 2008
This review is from: Torchwood: Pack Animals (Hardcover)
Yet another Torchwood novel to entertain all Torchwood fans.
I love all the Torchwood novels, but Pack animals was my favorite.

Buy it NOW!

Torchwood: Pack Animals
Torchwood: Pack Animals by Peter Anghelides (Hardcover - 20 Nov 2008)