Format: Hardcover|Change

on 17 March 2010
Great book from Gary Russell, who does his a fine job of portraying the TV characters accurately. The supporting cast are well drawn too and the plot is intriguing, featuring the return of a villain from the show`s Classic incarnation that never feels contrived or an excuse for a sequel.
[And you can give yourself brownie points if you work out who the villain is before the reveal. I did and gave a little squee at getting it right!] A very enjoyable read and recommended.
on 11 March 2015
A great Doctor Donna adventure (a reference to series four of doctor who). It's a good story that was well written with many parts about Donna' s family, well arguments. Although this adds emotion to the plot with interesting interactions between interesting characters, some of these conversations bored me, but that's because I prefer action. However, the ending was amazing and I loved the link between the start and the end.
on 26 June 2014
I just loved David as the doctor! And since he left and I've read all his books I was really looking forward to this book .. And it didn't disappoint! Once I got into reading it I found my self really enjoying it, I also found myself reading the voice of the doctor in my head how David plays the doctor ! Haha hope I don't sound too mad ! But this is a really great book and a great addition to my collection on my kindle
on 30 January 2012
This is very different from the rest of the New series in that the emphasis is on the characters. There is a lot of pages spent giving background to the lead and background characters, even when they get killed off moments after appearing! Donna's development comes over well but the plot itself never seems to get going, and the book lacks action scenes and a satisfying conclusion.
on 11 April 2015
I enjoyed watching the 10th Doctor but i have to say that Donna Noble was never my favorite companion so i was a little unsure how well her character was going to translate into book form but i needn't have worried as this novel is just the right parts of Doctor & Donna with Wilfred along for the adventure.Mystery,aliens and some excellent comedy moments.4 & a half/5
on 3 August 2013
I thought the story was ok, albeit the resolution feeling very sudden. Whilst Donna, Wilf and Sylvia were spot on, sometimes I didn't feel the words were right for the Doctor. There was also an obsession with cruelty and killing not seen on the TV, which was disappointing. Overall the story was good but I felt David Tennant's Doctor was not correctly portrayed.
on 10 August 2013
I thought it was a excellent however it was a bit confusing for the first and last chapters I would recommend this book to a doctor who fan who doesn't mind a bit of comicey death how ever it is not bad death PG death all in all a great book way worth it and can't wait to see the other 11

Hope I helped in your decision sorry if I
on 2 January 2015
I can't put in to words the emotion I felt from this, because no words would do it justice.

It was beautiful, and that was just the story of netty, and I am going to hold this book in a very special place in heart, for the rest of my days.

You wrote a masterpiece.
on 8 February 2010
I really like this book and like the idea of Wilf being a companion,I also like alot of the characters and the plot to the story.I would like to see Sylvia in it more thogh so she could get use to what the Doctor and Donna get up to but overall it is fantastic!
on 6 July 2013
A bit short on laser cannons, but fantastic characters. So close to getting five stars, but you have to leave some headroom.

The known characters ring very true and blend in with real life.