5.0 out of 5 stars Radical and radically good
Published on 25 Oct 2004 by Flashman

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed
Looking at the other reviews for this book it appears to have divided peoples' opinions. Personally I found it hard to follow. There appeared to be contradictions - e.g. an exercise on increasing leg flexion during the swing followed by a point about keeping belt buckle height constant throughout the swing. The visual images were uninspiring. The text has many...
Published on 2 Sep 2008 by Henry

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Radical and radically good, 25 Oct 2004
I've been trying to improve my scratchy 13 handicap for years, and this is the first book to get me scoring better by really improving my swing. It's quite a leap of faith, as some of the advice debunks a lot of received "wisdom" (e.g. it advocates a single ball-position). The visuals are excellent and the text addresses a lot of the "mysteries" of the golf-swing in a scientific manner; it's possibly a bit technical if you're a beginner, though. The changes necessited by the book made me get worse before I got better, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I've shot to handicap or better the last few times out and am feeling much more confident.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take your game to a higher level, 7 Dec 2004
Nick Bradley has pushed forward the boundaries of golf tuition and produced a book that will change the way game improvement books are written in the future. The book offers golfers outstanding visuals to improve every aspect of their golf swing with a simple step by step approach to Nick's seven laws of the golf swing. Nick Bradley is clearly the next generation of golf teachers and no doubt his dynamic teaching methods will establish him as one of the worlds top professional coaches in the next decade. It's so refreshing to see a golf book move away from pictures of the pro playing their home course but have something more scientific that actually contains substance and fact. Personally my game has improved since reading the book and surely that is proof that this book is a success? For about the same price as a 20 min lesson with your PGA pro (who is more interested in selling mars bars and cans of coke) this book is a must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bradley's 7 Laws of the Golf Swing reappraised, 8 Sep 2008
It was disappointing to read the recently posted critical reviews of Nick Bradley's 7 Laws of the Golf Swing. Obviously one cannot please everyone but, sadly, it gives rise to speculation as to whether the reviewers had made an in depth study of the contents of what has become the most highly commended instructional book on the technical aspects of the golf swing published in the last few years and which arguably has set the new bench mark standard for innovation in golf tuition rendering obsolete much of the previously published work in this field

This comes over as the work of a truly dedicated and passionate believer in and exponent of the game virtually guaranteeing that anyone who is prepared to analyse and commit to study and practice will be in a position to raise their performance to levels only previously dreamed of

Unsurprisingly the majority of readers do find the book a great help and let us remember that Bradley not only coaches Justsin Rose but also many top professionals and amateurs in Europe and the USA

If you need more then check out his background and achievements on his web site

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 14 Sep 2008
If you only ever buy one golf instruction book get, your hands on this one.
As a former player and now PGA instructor I can honestly say that this is the most informative and simple to understand piece of instruction I have ever come across.
All the great information is carefully explained and greatly illustrated like no other golf instruction book before.
You will never regret buying this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks Nick for Bringing Clarity to my Golf Swing., 10 Dec 2009
John Trubridge (Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
I have just borrowed this book from the Library and found it to be so good I am buying my own copy. Sit down with it and really take your time work on each law and practice it on the range before moving on to the next. This is not a quick fix book for a swing fault but a book that will build and reward you with a good solid swing from the ground up. This book is good reading, has good illustrations that you will remember on the golf course. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Radical and radically good, 26 Oct 2004
This book takes a different approach to the golf swing from any other I have read. The illustrations are computer-generated and the approach based on simple physics and anatomy. The detail is subtly different from much received "wisdom" concerning the golf swing. There is no "magic fix" here, but rather a framework within which to improve your swing. Initially I really struggled with all the changes required, but now I'm getting better and better thanks to this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fundamentally Brilliant, 19 Aug 2014
I have purchased many golf instruction books and I hesitated with this one especially when I saw it dealt with fundamental issues, such as the grip and stance that I felt I had in place. How wrong I was - this book is by far the best golf instruction manual I have ever come across. It does address fundamentals such as grip, stance, leg action and swing plane but in a way that inspires rather than just informs. There are exercises, images and metaphors that really convey the concepts as vividly as if an instructor was standing right next to you. Having been through all sorts of celebrity golfers' books I have to say in my opinion this, written by someone I had not heard of, stands above them all. For me the book has led to clear improvements that last because they are based on getting the fundamentals in place rather than tinkering at the edges. I wholeheartedly recommend this innovative and insightful book and hope you find it as inspiring as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Review - The 7 Laws of the Golf Swing, 19 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Seven Laws of the Golf Swing (Paperback)
This book is one of the best I have bought on the mechanics of the golf swing. Not being a 'natural' golfer the illustrations, similes and explanations have help me to become a better ball striker. I hope to see the affect on my 11 handicap soon.

David.

5.0 out of 5 stars Competently written and visually superb, 4 April 2011
This book provides a refreshingly different approach to the art of golf instruction with clear technical information supported by visual images to illustrate the process AND what one should be feeling. I also found the structure of the book logical and very easy to read. I bought this book a couple of years ago and I still refer back to it when my swing goes awry.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 7 Laws of the Golf Swing, 26 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Seven Laws of the Golf Swing (Paperback)
I have read many instructional golf books over the years looking for the "secret" that will transform my game. This book almost achieves it. The author goes back to the basics but rebuilds your swing in a novel way that grabbed my attention from the first few pages. I particularly enjoyed the use of graphics throughout the book which highlighted the flaws in my own game. I have spent the past month hitting hundreds of balls trying to feel these new techniques and this resulted in one of my best medal rounds ever this morning. Great book, highly recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Seven Laws of the Golf Swing
The Seven Laws of the Golf Swing by Nick Bradley (Paperback - 6 May 2010)
Usually dispatched within 1 to 4 weeks