5.0 out of 5 stars FUNNY
I don't even watch Top Gear that religiously but I bought the book for my brother for Christmas. I opened it to write a message in the cover and ended up reading most of it! I laughed out loud on so many occasions, it is SO funny!! As funny if not funnier than the show.
Published on 19 Nov 2008 by Louise Nash

3.0 out of 5 stars top gear still in first gear
The book is OK, but lacks some of the fizz and good humour of the tv programme. I think many fans of the show will be disappointed as though it has some good things its a bit self indulgant, but if you like the show go for it, its a good price and will give you a few smiles, if not any belly laughs
Published on 2 Feb 2009 by Mr. Paul Jones

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars FUNNY, 19 Nov 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book to accompany the series, 29 Nov 2008
This review is from: The Big Book of Top Gear 2009 (Hardcover)
My brother (who's in his late 20's) saw this book and said he wanted it, so i first went out to check it out. I forgot to check this book out but looked at the annual, but found that to be aimed at children (incidently, i found the annual is very good and has lots to do in it). I then ordered it and after reading some bad reviews, i started to worry. Today, i went into a shop and saw one, and to settle my nerves, i had a look at it. I enjoyed what i read of it. For those who complain that there are things from the series in it, it is a companion to the series, so it will have things already seen, which is expected of any book which comes from any series (cookery, comedy to name a few). Secondly, for those who say it's daft, top gear is a daft series anyway, and found a lot of stuff that would be said by the guys. If it had been about cars, then it would have been boring. The magazine focuses on the actual cars so if that's what you're after, then this is not the book for you. If you want a laugh and are a fan of the series, then this is for. After all, if it hadn't been good enough, it wouldn't have carried the top gear label with it. I'm looking forward to receiving the book and know my brother will love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for all fans of the best car show on telly!!, 22 Oct 2008
C. Humphries (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Book of Top Gear 2009 (Hardcover)
As a huge Top Gear fan I was chuffed to see that everything I wondered about previously was now available in this highly amusing and very random compilation! If you are a big fan of the show, I suggest you buy it, come on it's only £7ish!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars a must have for all top gear fans!, 5 Nov 2008
Anna (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Book of Top Gear 2009 (Hardcover)
POWER! this is a brilliant 'big book' which is essential reading for any top gear fan! brilliant for young and old! enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, but a little bit rubbish, in a good way, 14 Nov 2008
LC (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Book of Top Gear 2009 (Hardcover)
This book was written by Richard Porter, who is the guy behind sniffpetrol.com, and it really shows. It's a little bit lame, as it doesn't feel like you're getting much new - a lot of the content is simply a description of what happens in various top gear episodes. If you're not looking for anything deeper though, it's a fun book, and should provoke a fair few giggles. For what it costs, it was worth the money, and I wouldn't hesitate buying it if you like Top Gear, and/or Porter's writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious., 18 Dec 2008
V. Berlin (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Book of Top Gear 2009 (Hardcover)
This is as funny as Monty Python. I've had it on my coffee table for the past week or so and everyone who visits picks it up and finds something to chuckle at. Somebody here has said it's not like the magazine, and I can heartily agree with that. We stopped subscribing to the magazine. This book is much more like the daft bits of the TV show all bound together, and then some. A brilliant accompaniment to one of the best shows on TV. Hilarious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Gear at its best!, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Big Book of Top Gear 2009 (Hardcover)
Bought for my 9 year old with Autism who love Top Gear.
He won't put this down and it goes everywhere with him.
Weird but wonderful Top Gear madness as usual!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Big Book of Top Gear 2009 (Hardcover)
Takes you back to those (children's) comic annuals which came out just before Christmas - not sure how often anyone reads one of these but, as a fan of the TV Series, it is an entertaining read. Good coffee table material, I guess.

3.0 out of 5 stars top gear still in first gear, 2 Feb 2009
Mr. Paul Jones "paljo" (Chippenham, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 1 Feb 2009
Ms. Lynn Fowlie (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Big Book of Top Gear 2009 (Hardcover)
my son the top gear addict is spending hours reading the annual doesnt like school books and hates reading them but for any boy no matter how old loves a good car book......

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Big Book of Top Gear 2009
The Big Book of Top Gear 2009 by Top Gear (Hardcover - 16 Oct 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01