5.0 out of 5 stars Captain Fantastic
Having read all of the original Torchwood novels published to complement the TV series, I have found them to get better and better. I often think that they would make good television stories and this novel in particular could be a cracker with today's special effects. Michael is an enigma - how does he know the Torchwood team, why does he think he's travelling in time and...
Published on 2 April 2008 by Captain Pugwash

3.0 out of 5 stars Memory can be confusing
(Review written by my son aged 15)
Initially, I ended up just reading the blurb of this book and very nearly dismissing it, mainly because I didn’t find it the most interesting idea for a Torchwood story. It also vaguely reminded me of some of the TV stories such as “Ghost Machine” and “To The Last Man” (which I have to admit...
Published 10 days ago by G. K. Griffiths

5.0 out of 5 stars Torchwood, 8 Aug 2008
Andrew Kerr (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Torchwood: Trace Memory (Hardcover)
Trace Memory by David Llewellyn is the second book I've read from the Torchwood series. The first was Twilight Streets, which to be honest left me disappointed. It was a good enough story; I just felt that it was nothing special. Nevertheless being a fan of Torchwood, I decided to give the books another go, so I purchased and read this one and I'm glad I did as Trace Memory is nothing less than fantastic.

All of the characters are there have been recreated perfectly. Especially the very complex Captain Jack Harkness. Even Owen's unique sense of humour is spot on. An example is when he tells Gwen that he's writing a musical about his experiences with Torchwood and he's "...gonna call it Weevil Rock You." The plot is brilliant, almost enchanting in context and beautifully written, and the book is packed with action from the onset, which is guaranteed to keep the reader interested. Again with the first Torchwood novel I read, I found very slow to start and struggled to maintain my interest. But not with Trace Memory, I simply couldn't put this book down.

Torchwood is a great concept and this story really does it justice. Reading Trace Memory has left me wanting more and I'll now be looking to purchase the remaining stories and hope that they are all up to this standard. Overall a great book considering the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant, 29 Jun 2008
This review is from: Torchwood: Trace Memory (Hardcover)
Took this book on holiday and couldn't put it down, read it in the first day. The book gives a realy good insight into the characters past which was very enlightening and I would definetly recommend it, especially for just fourr quid.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read book, 30 April 2008
This review is from: Torchwood: Trace Memory (Hardcover)
This is an excellent book that you must read. It gets better by the minute! I particularly like the bit about the Vondraxian Orb and how Jack described it. I also liked the men in bowler hats as well.
Read it and you will love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars This a book you will 'remember', 8 Mar 2008
michelle (Leek England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Torchwood: Trace Memory (Hardcover)
This is a brilliant book the description and the chapters don't want me to put it down. Usually with me sometimes I get distracted usually when i read but this book I just couldn't put down I even didn't skip little bits like I usually do It is brilliant A must read

3.0 out of 5 stars S'ok, 9 Jun 2008
POPPY23 (Wirral, Merseyside) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Torchwood: Trace Memory (Hardcover)
As much as I love Torchwood and it's related shows, for some reason I am just unable to get into their books, i have tried some of the Doctor Who ones as well, and once again I just can't seem to fully integrate myself into the plot. I understood everything and forced myself to read it so I could give a fully justified opinion. I could have easily put it down, without a second thought, and read something else.

Sadly, just ok for me.

Torchwood: Trace Memory
Torchwood: Trace Memory by David Llewellyn (Hardcover - 6 Mar 2008)
Used & New from: 0.01