5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin!
Well written, simple to follow, easy to source ingredients, tried and tested recipes, another excellent addition to the series. The best thing for me is the recipes are cheap and easy to make, the kids love them, and the kids love helping to choose the meals and learning to cook them. Highly recommended!
Published on 27 Dec. 2009 by Princess Mononoke

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent book but many recipes boring or similar
Published on 5 Jan. 2010 by S. Croft

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin!, 27 Dec. 2009
Princess Mononoke (Lancs, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Good Food: Best Ever Chicken Recipes: Triple-tested Recipes: 101best Ever Chicken Recipes (GoodFood 101) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Chicken Chicken and more Chicken, 4 May 2010
Shaya (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Wall to wall chicken recipes! A great book from the 101 Good Food series of little cook books, packed full of wonderful chicken recipes. Most of these recipes are very good giving you lots of ideas.
We eat quite Chicken at least twice a week in my household as everyone in my family loves chicken, it is a versatile meat and can be used in a variety of ways and this book gives some great examples of that. Some of the recipes are not to my taste but I have modified one or two to suit the family and they have worked out perfectly ok.
If nothing else it gives you some good ideas for dinner for instance, salads, warm and cold with chicken. Warm Chicken with Avocado for one, using romaine lettuce and sunflower seeds, Chicken and pepper Salad Bowl, with some lovely crisp continental lettuce. A nice amount of Noodle recipes, one being Chicken Pot Noodle that appealed to one of my brood! Some gorgeous baked Chicken dishes, Mustard Stuffed Chicken and Lemon Tarragon Chicken in a rich creamy sauce. Casseroles, rice dishes, and loads of ways to Roast Chicken to perk up the Sunday Roast, making it interesting (I too love just Roast Chicken but its nice to vary it from time to time).
Not all will be to every ones taste and there are a few I wouldn't touch with a barge pole but never the less a great book. Use mine very regularly. Would recommend to all lovers of Chicken out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Review, 12 May 2009
S. Carter (UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic book for all levels of cooks, really simple recipe's to follow and a great variety of them. Can cater for all occasions. Definately a book to have in the kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars BBC GOOD FOOD does it again., 1 Aug. 2013
Mrs. P. A. Porter (Felixstowe, UK) - See all my reviews
A splendid collection of very varied chicken recipes. Chicken can be boring, but not with this little book to hand. Nothing too complicated, and everything is well thought out and beautifully illustrated, as usual. I think there`s nothing else for it - I shall have to buy the whole collection of these great little recipe books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent book but many recipes boring or similar, 5 Jan. 2010
S. Croft - See all my reviews
I am a big fan of the GoodFood series but I prefer to use the website so you can pick and choose recipes. I found this book to contain too many recipes which were simple and boring. Whilst there were definitely some recipes that were very delicious many of the salads and marinades were not particularly interesting. I also found some of the recipes to be similar to one another.

I am not rating this book low but rather at an average as I understand that different people have different tastes. But for me personally this is not the best cookbook as I found several of their salad and stirfry recipes too similar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, 4 Mar. 2013
Amazon Customer (Ayrshire Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is the third book I've bought in this series and the reason is simple, these books are very good, easy to follow with plenty of choices of dishes and at a very reasonable price. Even to a novice cook like myself I found this book invaluable and none of the dishes used ingredients that you can't readily purchase from your local supermarket. A very good series of books to have about the house.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does Chicken RIGHT!, 5 July 2011
Abdulla M. Al Qasim (Bahrain) - See all my reviews
One thing about chicken is that it is somewhat bland and therefore considered a versatile meat in the sense that it can be prepared in an almost infinite number of ways! That being the case, you still hit the wall when it comes to coming up with ideas for how to prepare chicken in a new and tasty way!

I know I keep saying this about all the GoodFood 101 books, but they have yet to disappoint! They almost always deliver extraordinary value and flavours for their size and cost! You just can't go wrong with these babies!

This book really helps when you are kind of spent on ideas on what else to do with chicken and don't have the time or effort to think of something new!! Just a quick flip through his book and I am sure that you will find a simple and tasty recipe that is to your liking! I especially relish the oven baked crispy coated chicken burgers! Those went down with a bang even with the kids who really enjoyed them.

I already own Nick Nairn's Top 100 Chicken Recipes: Quick and Easy Dishes for Every Occasion which is a much bigger book on the subject, but I find myself referring to this small wonder more often due to the simple layout, easy recipes, and consistently great results! That makes it a more functional and helpful book than other cookery books which you only refer to whenever you have time on your hands.

A great quick reference book on meat that almost everyone eats!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good price but the recipes were a let down, 18 July 2012
I bought this book and another of the same series "slow cooker favorites". The price was great and they both looked promising. Once they arrived I was very dissapointed when I started to read the recepies. There is a lot of use of ready made spice mixes and curry pastes etc. I buy a recipe book to do the whole meal myself, not to open a packet of ready made powder or paste, chuck it in and say "voila" I made it. Some of them are so out of the norm that I have never even heard of the spice packets, for example "2tsp ras-el-hanout spice mix" First, I don't know what that is, I've never heard of it and second, where am I supposed to buy it? I'm not going to run around searching for a ready made, unknown spice packet. Unfortuantely alot of the recipes have something like this in them, things that you would never have at home or have ever even heard of. Such a shame, I was so looking forward to both books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivers what promises, 14 Mar. 2013
Simple recipes, precise and exact instructions, big variety of meals based on chicken meet. Really good food. The photos of the meals next to each recipe are helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 24 Oct. 2010
I'd definitely recommend this book. Lots of different recipes and you would usually have the ingredients for a few recipes in your fridge/cupboard already. Most of my recipe books just sit on my bookshelf, but this one gets referred to at least once a week when I need inspiration!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›