5.0 out of 5 stars Best family cook book
Published on 9 May 2009 by Mrs. A. Mowat

1.0 out of 5 stars Sky high salt levels not suitable for little ones
Has anyone else notice the sky high salt levels in these recipes. Up to 4yrs a child can only eat up to 2g of salt and then 3grams of salt a day. It has also been recently on the news about the risk of too much salt for kids. 70 pc of kids are eating too much giving them future health risks. Shop bought bread being a main contributor.

So, oh my god, one...
Published 16 months ago by Katherine Ellis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best family cook book, 9 May 2009
Mrs. A. Mowat (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Food: Recipes for Kids: Triple-tested Recipes: 101 Recipes for Kids (GoodFood 101) (Paperback)
Bought this to inspire some new ideas for feeding my 2 year old. Such a great compact book, I took it to Canada for Christmas en route to Australia but lost it. Such a great cook book, I'm buying it again!!! Would thoroughly recommend this to anyone who feels their meals have stagnated. Quick, easy and mainly ingredients you would have in the cupboard/fridge. Fabulous for the whole family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, must have book!, 17 Jan 2009
J. Kirk - See all my reviews
Excellent book, easy to use and some fab practical recipes! My son loves the stuff I've cooked from this....so does my hubbie!

1.0 out of 5 stars Sky high salt levels not suitable for little ones, 29 Mar 2013

So, oh my god, one recipe has 3.5 grams per portion. An adult should only have 6gs. This has tinned baked beans in it and cheese (tinned beans are very unsuitable for small children due to 1.5 grams of salt per half can add cheese and bread and the are way over their recommended intake). Anyway, I was blown away by the fact that average salt per portion in the book was 1.5g per portion. I want to look after my child's health so won't be using these recipes. A little preachy, maybe. But I have to do the right thing at this early age and this book isn't it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent and a must have!!, 21 May 2009
Easy-to-follow, simple recipes and great ideas for things kids will want to eat. I've had great success with it so far and by no means an I a regular cook in the kitchen. We were pretty bored with our usual routine and now we've got some great new recipes to add to the mix. A must have for busy mum's who want their kids to eat well (and actually eat it!).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes, 8 Feb 2013
Great reciptes for when the grandchildren come round also for freezing meals to help the children out during the working week

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little recipe book, 31 Oct 2009
Sacha Storrie (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm not a very good cook but found these recipes quick and easy to follow without too many ingredients needed. The book is aimed at cooking for kids but the recipes are interesting enough for the whole family to happily eat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book with easy-to-use recipes, 30 May 2009
I bought this book in a shop and have cooked many dishes from it. I ended up buying two more for friends from Amazon. My kids have been through the book and marked out all the ones they want to try. Great successes have been the pea and ham tart and the fish pie. It's so good to have some different ideas to try as I know I do get a bit stuck in a rut with kids meals. Highly recommend this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Food: 101 Recipes for Kids: Triple-tested Recipes, 1 April 2011
Bought this to inspire my 4 year old to try new and varied dishes but was disappointed as recipes all very obvious, and not very creative. Better off with Annabel Karmel or a general cookery book.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 10 May 2011
I really like this series of books generally, but found this one to be a bit uninspiring. The recipes look very healthy, with a wide range of fruit and vegetables, but as a result many of them seem too adventurous for my daughter (aged 3) who won't eat things like pulses or curry. If you have got a picky eater, this probably isn't for you. I cook quite a lot and was looking for some specifically child-friendly recipes (the type where you hide the vegetables/pulses!), whereas I feel this book contains a good range of simple and healthy recipes, perfect for someone looking for more general recipes but not really what I wanted. I also thought there was some unnecessary repetition, for example two types of tuna sandwich/two types of fairy cake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quick and easy recipes, 20 Mar 2010
E. Tutar (Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Love this book, its small, easy to refer to and has a lovely range of recipes which give me different idea's for meals. I especially like the snack range as this gives me idea's different to plain old beans on toast (not that myself and 2 and half year old don't like beans on toast). Some of the recipes I have tried my daughter hasn't overly liked but this may have something to do with my daughter wanting sweets and chocolate rather than a nutritious meal. I would recommend this book to anyone, even if you don't have children.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›