5.0 out of 5 stars Best family cook book
Published on 9 May 2009 by Mrs. A. Mowat

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but cannot be relied upon for every meal.
Published 15 months ago by Cynessa

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best family cook book, 9 May 2009
Mrs. A. Mowat (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Food: Recipes for Kids: Triple-tested Recipes: 101 Recipes for Kids (GoodFood 101) (Paperback)
Bought this to inspire some new ideas for feeding my 2 year old. Such a great compact book, I took it to Canada for Christmas en route to Australia but lost it. Such a great cook book, I'm buying it again!!! Would thoroughly recommend this to anyone who feels their meals have stagnated. Quick, easy and mainly ingredients you would have in the cupboard/fridge. Fabulous for the whole family.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent and a must have!!, 21 May 2009
Easy-to-follow, simple recipes and great ideas for things kids will want to eat. I've had great success with it so far and by no means an I a regular cook in the kitchen. We were pretty bored with our usual routine and now we've got some great new recipes to add to the mix. A must have for busy mum's who want their kids to eat well (and actually eat it!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, must have book!, 17 Jan. 2009
J. Kirk - See all my reviews
Excellent book, easy to use and some fab practical recipes! My son loves the stuff I've cooked from this....so does my hubbie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book with easy-to-use recipes, 30 May 2009
I bought this book in a shop and have cooked many dishes from it. I ended up buying two more for friends from Amazon. My kids have been through the book and marked out all the ones they want to try. Great successes have been the pea and ham tart and the fish pie. It's so good to have some different ideas to try as I know I do get a bit stuck in a rut with kids meals. Highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little recipe book, 31 Oct. 2009
Sacha Storrie (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm not a very good cook but found these recipes quick and easy to follow without too many ingredients needed. The book is aimed at cooking for kids but the recipes are interesting enough for the whole family to happily eat.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but cannot be relied upon for every meal., 18 Feb. 2014
Bought this together with Annabel Karmels 100 family recipes. I massively prefer the later as it has recipes that I make from scratch, where as this one has easy recipes but using products that have already been processed. If you are short of time or really are a bad cook, then this book is great! If you are a parent who is adamant you want to know exactly what your child is eating, then I suggest the other. Personally I appreciate both as there are days I'm short of time!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes, 8 Feb. 2013
Great reciptes for when the grandchildren come round also for freezing meals to help the children out during the working week

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Food: 101 Recipes for Kids: Triple-tested Recipes, 1 April 2011
Bought this to inspire my 4 year old to try new and varied dishes but was disappointed as recipes all very obvious, and not very creative. Better off with Annabel Karmel or a general cookery book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, 1 Nov. 2013
I'm not a bad cook but as a working mum I struggle to think up new, nutrious, exciting and most importantly quick meals for my toddler.

This book has many great recipes that are not time or ingrediant intensive but still produces something interesting and healthy that all the family can eat. It is slightly smaller than I had thought it was but is handy to pop in your (large) handbag to have look through on your commute and plan the evening meal on your way to work/at lunchtime (sad I know).

There are recipes in here that would suit toddlers and older kids so I know I will be using this book for a while.

3.0 out of 5 stars I must be a big kid!, 13 April 2011
TheShopaholic (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I bought this book hoping for some inspiration for dinner times for meals that both myself and my kids would eat. I was fed up cooking stuff that I would eat and they would not and have recently ended up doing one menu for them and another for me. I tend to eat healthily and wanted them to eat more of what I was eating.

I picked up this little book and scanned through it and my mouth watered at almost every page. So many quick and easy, tasty and healthy recipes that I just loved the sound and look of. However, and it is a BIG however, my kids went 'urrgh!' at every suggestion. I tried a couple of the recipes nonetheless, and they refused to eat them full stop. Now don't get me wrong, my kids do not live on chicken nuggets and chips, my eldest loves veg and rice and fresh fish. My middle one is a little more fussy with meat but generally loves fruit and will at least eat three different types of veg and my 2 year old loves pasta with almost any homemade sauce, baked potatoes, pies, sandwiches etc but there was not one item in this book that would entice any of them.

This is a great cookbook for one or two people, the recipes are quick and easy and very tasty but for today's average kids, it does not work. My children were all open minded and willing to try anything until they went to nursery just after the age of one and their tastes seemed to change from then on with the food that was presented to them there.

I am keeping this book for myself but for my kids I will keep searching.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›