5.0 out of 5 stars Good old Alan...
Being a fairly knowledgeable gardener I wondered if this book would be of interest to me, but, I must say I find it most helpful, and some very useful illustrations, and I do like the way Alan puts 'things' across, would recommend.
Published on 15 Dec 2011 by Arnie O

1.0 out of 5 stars What is your definition of small.....
Those looking for help with a small garden might like to know that the definition used in this book is a garden 'that is no larger than a tennis court.'
Unfortunately, I need help with a SMALL garden!
Published 1 month ago by Hilary

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old Alan..., 15 Dec 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Alan Tichmarsh How To Gargen: Small Gardens, 20 Oct 2011
This review is from: Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Small Gardens (Paperback)
I bought this book for my son and daughter in law who have a very bland and rather sloping small garden, and who were at a loss as to what to do with it. They were thrilled with the book, and intend to read it thoroughly this winter and make plans to attack their garden in the Spring. There was a section on how to build steps, which they hope to follow. I read it myself first, and got some very good ideas for my own garden. It is friendly and well thought out, with lots of discriptive and inspiring photographs. Altogether a good buy for a very small price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book series, 14 Jun 2011
EGM "EGM" (Co Antrim, N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Small Gardens (Paperback)
Good ideas for small spaces explained well. I have several of the books in this series,all have been worth buying

5.0 out of 5 stars a fab book, 13 May 2012
This review is from: Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Small Gardens (Paperback)
I got both books 'the weekend gardener & this one' & love them both, this book especially as it gave me so many ideas for my garden, I bought this book as it showed you how to make steps using railway sleepers, but then after reading the book discovered how to terrace using raised beds & steps together, my garden is on a steep slope & is now in the process of being transformed from an overgrown mess that was unmanagable into a fabulous space where i can grow vegetables & colouful plants.
A really good book with lovely pictures & great ideas

5.0 out of 5 stars Really practical!, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Small Gardens (Paperback)
We wanted a gardening book which would inspire us yet would be practical. I am not a Titchmarsh fan, but this book is great. The ideas he suggests are super, without being impractical or expensive. He also really does grasp what is meant by a 'small' garden, unlike so many designers who try to give ideas which actually need half an acre!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book above?, 13 Feb 2012
This review is from: Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Small Gardens (Paperback)
I've been reading numerous gardening books over the last few years, from 700 pages and down, floras, compost chemistry, poetry and lots of stuff in between. This is my first book in the BBC How to Garden series, but not my last. This is a knowledge-packed, fun to read, very concise book which explains HOW you should (if there is a should when it comes to gardening... but to circumvent overbuying and underachieving) think about gardening in terms of space, shapes, use, personality (time you want to spend weeding v. lounging or hosting) which serves you better than remembering what plants look best with each other. How do you make the garden seem bigger? How to you "widen" a narrow space? Mainly, I find this book telling me that planning a pleasant garden is all about rhythm, rhythm and flow just like any art that awakens our interest. Much like choreography, painting, film editing, architecture and poetry.

So much depends
a garden's
peace.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small Gardens, 29 May 2011
This review is from: Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Small Gardens (Paperback)
Although not been able to 'use' Titchmarsh's book yet, the suggestions and hints are clearly set out and we definitely shall refer to the book asap!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Fab

5.0 out of 5 stars Really handy book, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Small Gardens (Paperback)
Great book. It explains things well and has some great ideas

5.0 out of 5 stars small gardens, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Small Gardens (Paperback)
this is a lovely little book full of ideas and inspiration .i dont have a small garden but i found i could still apply a lot of the ideas into my corner plot.a good buy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Small Gardens
Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Small Gardens by Alan Titchmarsh (Paperback - 24 Mar 2011)
3.20