I think that the Giggler Treatment is a really excellent book because Roddy Doyle has a great sense of humour and he tells some really rib tickling jokes. The story never gets boring and you don't ever want to put the book down!{it's even better when you read it under the covers with a torch at night after your parents have told you to turn your lights off..tee hee). I recommend it to anybody....go get it. I'm off to read it again! see you later.
on 3 December 2000
I love Roddy Doyle's books so had to try his kids effort.. I gave the book to a bright 9 year old girl, she read it all in a two hour sitting pausing only to share particularly funny parts of the book with us. Anything that keeps her quiet for that long has got to be good. The rest of the family is now taking turns to read it - very funny, well illustrated, highly recommended. I'm going to buy it for all the kids I know.
on 2 December 2003
I bought the audio tape to play to my 6 year old daughter in the car on long journeys. It is difficult to figure out who enjoys it the most, and it will certainly appeal to both adults and children alike . It is absolutely hilarious, and all the better given the broad Dublin accent of Tommy Tearnan. A tape that you will play over and over again, both with the kids and without!!!Thoroughly enjoyable!!
on 15 May 2012
This audio book is hilarious. My children love it they are 8 and 10. They are constantly quoting the cream crackers..and it is a bit of an in house joke. My husband BORROWED it and listened to it in his car!!!! Tommy Tiernan is brilliant in his delivery. I would love to know how many takes it took to finish it!! A good funny story told well.
on 22 March 2003
Wicked!! That is the view of my class of seven and eight year olds. They love the ridiculous storyline, delight in the fact that its all about poo and laugh out loud so many times tears run down their cheeks. I cannot recommend this book highly enough - 28 children cannot be wrong. The audio cassette is fantastic too!
A very funny book.

My 7 year old son read this in an hour, he wouldn't put it down for chocolate, cartoons, runescape-ANYTHING!

He loved the talking cream crackers telling him if he put his foot in water it got wet.

A great book for the reluctant reader, laugh out loud funny.
on 16 July 2012
This is a brilliant story if you can tolerate kids' humour about "poo". The story has been repeat played and keeps the kids entertained on car journeys. The story is also useful for bedtime storytime. My kids (girls) aged 5 and 8 rated this story 5 stars.
on 19 August 2011
I bought this for my 5 year old son to get away from excruciating car journeys with Bob the Builder and Thomas the Tank Engine. At the time I wondered if it would be too old for him, but no - its mischievous fun and wonderful absurdities are spot on for all ages! I have now listened to this umpteen times and still find it entertaining, and it is constantly requested by my son. Even my husband chuckled away. The seagull who hates fish; Rover the dog who gets paid for his poo, and has buried his earnings in bones in the garden ("I take all the major credit cards..."); Mr Mack, the biscuit tester, whose foot is destined to be soiled - or is it? It doesn't get any better than this. If only the other Rover stories were also available as audiobooks!
on 19 February 2001
I bought this book for my grand-daughter's 6th birthday and casually started looking at it. About two hours later I finished reading it, having read out the bits that particularly amused me to my husband. In fact, had he not been watching Scotland and Wales play rugby I would have read him the entire book. It is inspiring and just the right sense of humour for a child. This may not say much for me but I laughed throughout and plan to buy it for my other grand children
on 17 February 2013
great book i first purchased this for my 11yr old daughter who is now 22 enjoyed every minute of it & then followed on with rover saves xmas such good books i held onto them & came across them again last yr & introduced my 5yr old to them thought she might b too young to appreciate the humour but no she cried laughing at the mack boys & had me repeating passages over & over they made her laugh so much - brilliant Dublin wit i highly recommend