5.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping Murder - Agatha Christie Audio Books Crime
I love listening to dramatisations of Agatha Christie's stories and this was no exception. I was delighted with the copy I received - in excellent condition and delivered very speedily which is the service I am accustomed to from Amazon.
Published 18 months ago by Mary

1.0 out of 5 stars a bump in the works ????
i never received this but i regret not contacting the seller its a shame because i love these cds
Published 18 days ago by D. Carey

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping Murder - Agatha Christie Audio Books Crime, 8 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars fabukas, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: Sleeping Murder (BBC Audio Crime) (Audio CD)
fab quality of recording great sound and the performers are fantistic holding ur attention for the full length of the play recomended to any agatha christie fan

5.0 out of 5 stars sleeping murder audio cd., 13 Feb 2014
Esther S. Penn (britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sleeping Murder (BBC Audio Crime) (Audio CD)
I love this particular audio book and ordered it on cd format as I only have it on tape format. It arrived promptly and in good condition. I also ordered a few more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great classic, 26 Dec 2012
This review is from: Sleeping Murder (BBC Audio Crime) (Audio CD)
Good for your long car rides. You can't go wrong with Agatha Christie. Yes I do recommend this audio book

1.0 out of 5 stars a bump in the works ????, 3 Aug 2014
D. Carey - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but rather rushed, 19 Feb 2010
Iain C. Davidson "iain1825" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sleeping Murder (BBC Audio Crime) (Audio CD)
Most of the Marple adaptations for BBC radio seem to be squeezed into 1hr 30mins which is perhaps 20mins or so too little. A fault with most of the Marple stories I have heard so far is a tendency to rush things along and the stories have no time to breathe. This matters less with some than with others and I suppose that it could be argued that because so much of 'Sleeping Murder' takes place in the past and much of the events are unfolded via dialogue with voices FROM the past, it can stand a bit of cutting. I'm not convinced however. For me, part of the charm of this story is the steady pace at which facts are uncovered and the building air of menace and both of these things are missing here.

Having said that, the vocal acting is generally very well done and whilst I have had some general misgivings about June Whitfield as Miss M, I think that this is one of her best performances of the role so far (of those I have listened to). She seems to allow for a little more humour than usual and its all to the good. The ending is a little clumsy, melodramatic and unlikely but that is the fault of the book as the play follows it very closely.

This is an enjoyable production on the whole and I would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Classic Christie, 8 Feb 2010
Paul Barrett (PENARTH, VALE OF GLAMORGAN, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sleeping Murder (BBC Audio Crime) (Audio CD)
Professional,well done,easy listening. With all the darker aspects of the original novel.Along with all suspense and real mystery missing. While June Whitfield is NOT Miss Marple. I will avoid all other titles in this series.
Paul Barrett
Penarth,South Wales,UK

Sleeping Murder (BBC Audio Crime)
Sleeping Murder (BBC Audio Crime) by Agatha Christie (Audio CD - 9 Jan 2006)
5.01