4.0 out of 5 stars Fans won't be disappointed
If you are already sufficiently intersted in Pegg to be contemplating buying this book then do it. Despite Pegg's protestations that he didn't want to write a typical celeb biog there isn't much here that deviates from that format. He admits as much himself. Nevertheless, it is entertaining, frequently laugh out loud funny and covers all the things fans would want it to...
Published on 20 Nov 2010 by dannunzio19

3.0 out of 5 stars Plentiful in some areas, lacking in others
Like most fans of Simon Pegg, I first discovered him and his work with the seminal sitcom "Spaced" he co-wrote and co-starred in with Jessica Hynes (nee Stevenson), and ever since I've been delighted to see him and the phenomenally inventive director Edgar Wright create some of the funniest and best-made films around ("Shaun Of The Dead" and "Hot Fuzz"). With this...
Published on 1 Feb 2011 by M. Board

5.0 out of 5 stars Simon Pegg. ., 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: Nerd Do Well (Hardcover)
I bought this for my brother for christmas because he loves everything that Simon Pegg has been in. He hasn't started reading it yet but he was very pleased with his prezzi :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Reader Poo Well!, 23 Jun 2011
This review is from: Nerd Do Well (Hardcover)
Yes, one good thing came out of this tawdry excuse for a 'memoir'. Through Mr. Pegg's egocentric rantings and unenlightened musings, I was able to make a 'breakthrough' of my very own. Or, rather, my body was. See, I am a chronic sufferer of IBS, and at times relieving myself is an uphill battle of epic proportions. Far more epic than any light saber laden showdown Star Wars could ever imagine!

Yes, I was gifted (I use that term liberally) this sorry excuse for a tome as a belated bday present from a well meaning yet clueless Aunt. The same one that gave me a used copy of "I, Robot" in an ill fated attempt to seem au currant a few years back for Xmas. Though my younger self would have been deeply offended as such, well, tacky offerings, the more mature me simply sees it as her trying to show some semblance of pop culture awareness. The very same awareness Mr. Pegg strives for yet fails so miserably at.

He is not a nerd, he is merely a weasely, petty little man whose one trick hijinx are growing thin. However, I was trapped on an extended, multi layover flight from London to Jakarta, so I decided this would be the perfect antidote for in flight insomnia! I tucked it into my humble little carryon, eager to then dispose of it in the back of the seat in front of me!

Little did I know the, well, MOVING effect its content would have on me...

About half way through the first leg of the flight (and 1/3 into Pegg's tiresome musings), I felt my bowels lurch. "Ah, TURBULENCE!" I initially thought! However, I realized the 'fasten your seatbelt' sign remained unlit, and the fellow passengers remained unphased. Comatose, even. Was I being Punk'd by Simon Pegg? Was this plane filled with zombies from planet X?

Again, I felt a SIGNIFICANT disruption. I thought my seat was malfunctioning, until I then felt the familiar, warm sensation of methane gas pouring out of my nether regions. THANK KRISHNA I had an aisle seat! I made haste to the Loo, as my bowels held on for dear life.

It was in that humble shed of a stall that I crapped out what felt like a lifetime of curry buffet! I held onto both walls as the sweet release took over me, and I was depleted of all bodily fluids and solids! Ah, yes! THIS is what it feels like to be alive, young, and on my way to a summer of beach time raves! I was now purged, expunged, and ready to get my drank on all month long! WOOOO!!!

I didn't DARE read the rest of this book's, erm, offerings, as I felt my insides just could not handle another round of the green apple splatters. However, I DID feel cleansed, anew, and with an enlightened sense of gratitude!

So, in some round about way, THANK YOU, Simon Pegg. Yes, your book was as self indulgent, hackneyed, and odious as your crudely derivative little films, but you made me a new man! And, I'm having the time of my life, partying it up with fellow backpackers, lady boys, and beach goers in Thailand! Max Gogarty, eat your wussy little heart out!

It is only truly vulgar writing that can produce such a cathartic release in its recipient. You DO have a gift, Simon. Sadly, it's just not the one you BELIEVE you do.

I think you could help a lot of those out there, like me, suffering chronic ailments. Please re-evaluate your life and put some of your TRUE gifts out there. The world, and the farming industry (HOLY COMPOST, BATMAN!), will thank you!

Nerd Do Well
Nerd Do Well by Simon Pegg (Hardcover - 14 Oct 2010)
15.76