5.0 out of 5 stars Finally
The word "finally" best sums up this book and I won't go too much into the plot because everyone can read the book description above and to add more would spoil it.

Published on 19 July 2011 by D. Phillips

3.0 out of 5 stars Karin Slaughter - Fallen
Published on 26 July 2011 by molko

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, 19 July 2011
D. Phillips (UK) - See all my reviews

Neadless to stay I read the book in one go ignoring family and the world around me. I loved this book though because for the first time I felt like Karin Slaughter really fused the characters from the Grant series and Atlanta series. I love the realism some of the situations described, they would be exactly like most people would behave... rather than they would like to react. Also this is the first book that I found myself re-reading a couple of weeks after, I just couldn't get enough.

Brilliant story, gripping plot and as always will have you hanging on the edge of your seat... so now it's back to a yearly wait for me until I can delve into the world of Sara, Will, Faith etc. Looking forward to it already.

I originally ordered the paper version but as I was out of the country on holiday I ordered the Kindle book.
Arrived in seconds. Well done to Karin Slaughter and well done to Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars She's a GENIUS!, 14 July 2011
Best Crime Books "Best Crime Books" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fallen: (Georgia Series 3) (Hardcover)
This book opens up with a dramatic starter as Faith returns to her mother's house and is immediately put in the middle of what looks like a war zone. It makes for some high octane reading very early on. It certainly put me in the frame of mind for the investigation that would follow this crazy situation.

I found that by reading the Will Trent books, I had a feel for the characters Will and Faith, but beyond that there were a lot of unanswered questions. This book seems to address Faith and her history which I liked. The books pace starts kind of frenzied and to be honest doesn't let up much pace at all throughout the book, it almost made me read with a sense of urgency.

The story however does require an element of concentration, there are a lot of theories and characters names very early on meaning you really do need to pay attention to follow these threads all the way through. Sadly the downside to such an intense book is that as readers you are so drawn in you forget your surroundings (never good when you forget to turn the bath off').

As the book gets going we see Will Trent with the help of Sara Linton try to discover who is behind the disappearance of Faith's mother. OF course Will has his doubts about Evelyn, but for the sake of his partner he does everything in his power to find her, even if it means breaking the rules. Will is not the sort of character to break the rules, which is where his boss, and Evelyn's close friend, Amanda Wagner comes into play.

Amanda is a character that is slightly off kilter, but a character that I absolutely adore. She is a no nonsense old school woman that is determined to find her friend, and she doesn't care who she has to lie to or trample on to find her. Sara Linton plays the lesser role in the overall story, but as other parts of the series begin to develop, you can see where she is starting to get her life back together.

Following the end of the Grant County series, I was convinced that there would never be a better male lead that Jeffrey Tolliver. I was so wrong, and if I am being completely honest, a little bit smitten with my `new' favourite male lead Will Trent.

As the story reaches its climax, lots of the parts of the puzzle start to come together. The threads that had been interwoven throughout the book now start to be explained, and the ending was absolutely brilliant.

Yet again I read a fast paced, tense thriller by Karin Slaughter that left me feeling sad I had finished another instalment. Having said that it again has left us as readers with the perfect platform for the next part of the series, and boy do I want to know how that goes. I cannot praise Karin Slaughter highly enough, she is an author that has taken chances, but knew exactly where they were leading, and the pathway she took was sheer genius. If you haven't read her work before I would strongly suggest you start at the beginning and work your way through them, you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Slaughter, 7 July 2011
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fallen: (Georgia Series 3) (Hardcover)
I love a good crime story and for me there's some authors that I can usually take their name as a sign of quality. One such is Karin Slaughter whose strong emotionally charged characters have a depth of realism about them that few other authors can match. Add to this a high octane full speed ahead plotline that doesn't allow much time to breathe, a great sense of prose and of course the authors deliciously wicked sense of snark to help bring the whole thing together.

For me, this is one of Karin's best books to date and is one that, if you haven't already embarked on an adventure with her before, that I will be highly recommending to old and new readers alike. Finally work into the mix an author who plays for keeps and a surprise or two that you don't see coming and it's a book that was hard to let go of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignored my family until I finished this book, 26 Mar 2012
I confess that once I started to read this book I did not put it down until I finished. Like the previous comment I thought 'finally'.

I don't read crime books unless they are by Karin Slaughter and I have enjoyed each one.

With downloading Fallen onto my kindle I did not turn to the last few pages to find out what happened in the end so I just sat there whilst the family starved, the housework went undone until I came to the very end.

I may even re-read it.

Well done Karin and thank you for making my read worthwhile.

4.0 out of 5 stars Atlanta, Georgia and Grant County characters come together, 26 Mar 2012
Jonathan Clark "Great Black Hawk" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fallen: (Georgia Series 3) (Hardcover)
First off some advice to readers new to Karin Slaughter.

This book can be read and enjoyed as standalone piece but personally I think it helps to have read her previous books in The Grant County, Atlanta and Georgia Series.

The story revolves around Faith Mitchell and her family (in particular her Mother Evelyn).

In terms of the guy assigned to solving this case it's Will Trent with a much bigger role for his boss Amanda Wagner.

Where it gets interesting is the brewing relationship between Will Trent and courtesy of The Grant County Series Sara Linton.

It starts with Agent Faith Mitchell returnimg home late from a training seminar find her four-month-old daughter locked in a lean-to shed, her mother's gun missing from the safe, and a trail of blood leading into her house.

Instinctively Faith goes into the house without radio-ing in what she's up to. Everything seems to happen in double quick time as Faith interrupts criminal proceedings and increases the bodycount by two.

Not suprisingly the shootings alert the Police and by the time they arrive, apart from dead bodies and the house is completely turned over Faith's mother has been kidnapped.

Clearly Faith needs to account for her actions which perhaps seem somewhat premature and makes her a suspect in the eyes of the Police.

Faith's partner Will Trent is brought in to try and unravel a seemingly haphazzard crime scene with no real pattern other than the suspicion that something in Evelyn Mitchell's past has caused this situation.

What ensues reveals the broad canvass of Slaughter's characters many of which are flawed in some way.

Faith is a diabetic who became pregnant as a teenager and is as stubborn as a Mule.

Will is dsylexic, is married to an a spiteful female called Angie, who treats Will like dirt but given their relationship together in a number of Children's Homes seem to have an unbreakable bond.

Amanda Wagner is a real ball-buster who does not have a feminine side and is equally tough (again sometimes spiteful) on Will Trent for what seems to be no good reason.

Dr Sara Linton is a highly intellignet woman who is also beset with some personal tragedy.

These are the main protagonists and she weaves them into this book perfectly.

The book is fast paced, tense and takes you to some dark places which include some no holds barred violence but always done in a way which is in character.

The climax of the book is well handled with Faith, and the abductor of her Mother, in an epiphanic moment.

It only fails a full 5 star as it, at times, twists and turns for no good reason but this does not take away the immense enjoyment I derived reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 29 July 2011
AI (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fallen: (Georgia Series 3) (Hardcover)
Not that any Karin Slaughter fans would need convincing but this book is fantastic. I'd recommend all her novels as they are amongst the best books I've ever read. Start at the beginning though as the story continue from book one till present. Definately a series to read!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I forgot to exhale, 21 July 2011
I've read all of Karin Slaughter's books from the beginning and for me this is the best one. When Sara's husband was killed off I was absolutely gutted and couldn't understand why she did this, especially as it seemed they finally found true happiness. Now I know why (and don't laugh) but I was clapping at the end of the book. This book was so fast-paced it had me holding my breath 'til the end. Between her, Mo (Hayder) and Tess (Gerritsen) I regularly forget to breath.

It's just wonderful to see some strong women writers out there. Highly recommended, can't wait for the next one. Not too bad for the Kindle price. Nice one Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Slaughter, 10 July 2011
This review is from: Fallen: (Georgia Series 3) (Hardcover)
Karin Slaughter is one of the few authors I read in hardback, and she's always worth it. This one is vintage Slaughter, it features Will & Faith from the more recent Georgia books and Sara Linton from the excellent Grant County series. This one centres around the kidnapping of Faith's mother and right from the outset the tension is racked up to the very last as we try to figure out who is behind the kidnapping. Some parts were perhaps a little over graphic for the more delicate reader but is no real surprise for those of us who've been with Slaughter since the gruesome Kisscut. Brilliant crime fiction from one of the very finest writers in the business.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another fast paced instalment from Karin, 9 July 2011
Curiosity Killed The Bookworm (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fallen: (Georgia Series 3) (Hardcover)
I'm always excited by the latest instalment in Karin Slaughter's Georgia crime series and have been especially pleased that Sara and Will return in Fallen. When we first met Will, we knew that he'd been involved in investigating Faith's mother's narcotics squad and now we learn a little bit more about that time.

Faith returns late to her mother's home after attending a training session that runs over. She finds her baby daughter locked in the shed, signs of bloodshed in the kitchen and no sign of her mother. Was Will right in thinking Evelyn was involved all those years ago? The rest of the plot digs deep into Faith's family life as her, Will, Sara and Amanda work around the clock to get Evelyn back safe and sound.

I loved the idea that Amanda has a network of tough women, ready to spring into action or convey intelligence. It's definitely a story of empowered women but also women who have made mistakes in their lives. I'm afraid the critical bit of information to the resolution of the plot wasn't very believable. I won't say why as it'd be a huge spoiler and otherwise it was a great pacey read. I don't think established fans will be too disappointed.

Grant County, Will Trent and Georgia all seem to be marked as different series, but with the exception of perhaps Triptych, they really do need to be read in order as there is a lot of ongoing character development in her novels. Some of the titles also differ between UK and US versions.

#1 Blindsighted
#2 Kisscut
#3 A Faint Cold Fear
#4 Indelible
#5 Faithless
#6 Triptych
#7 Skin Privilege (Beyond Reach)
#8 Fractured
#9 Genesis (Undone)
#10 Broken
#11 Fallen

3.0 out of 5 stars Karin Slaughter - Fallen, 26 July 2011
molko (Surrey) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Fallen: (Georgia Series 3) (Hardcover)
So we're back again with Sara and Will for what is essentially the 11th book in the series. Also making an appearance are Will's partner Faith and their boss Amanda, but unfortunately no Lena Adams. The story kicks off with Faith coming home expecting to find her mother Evelyn looking after Faith's daughter Emma. But what she finds is a dead man in her laundry room, her daughter locked in the shed, no Evelyn in sight and blood throughout the house. And so kicks off the investigation. Bring in all the regulars and it's pretty well travelled teritory for Slaughter.
I've been a fan of Karin since the beginning, having read all of her books and rated them all very highly but sadly this one just wasn't good enough when compared with her earlier efforts. The whole story is getting a bit trite and where once she was offering up a fresh voice in the genre she's now fading into the background. Read this if you like Slaughter, or the genre... but maybe wait for the paperback.

ARRAY(0x11330d98)

Fallen: (Georgia Series 3)
Fallen: (Georgia Series 3) by Karin Slaughter (Hardcover - 7 July 2011)
18.99