on 30 September 2008
I was given this book as a gift by a friend who is much more into fashion than I am. I LOVED the look of the book but was expecting it to be your typical coffee table book - lots of great pics, but give the text a miss! I was also expecting to feel a little intimidated by all the fashion talk that is all a bit foreign to me.

But, I read the whole book from cover to cover. And it was not only a great read, it has completely changed my outlook on clothes and shopping. There is something infectious about Kates love of clothes - not clothes for clothes sake, but textures and shapes and the way clothes make you feel.

The book doesn't set out to tell you how to dress like Kate, but it did a brilliant job of conveying the mind-set of Kate. And its one I plan to adopt!

I have just ordered another copy for a friend who I know will get as much out of it as I did. You just can't go wrong with this one.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 December 2008
I thought this was going to be far more analytical about the elements of KM's style, but actually it's more of a biography - albeit one which is heavy on the clothes. Some of the articles that Buttolph wrote in promoting the book were more along the lines of assessing what are the centre-pieces of KM's dress-style, the `must-haves' that she continues to bring out and reinvent. But actually there was hardly any of this, and what there was was interspersed within the narrative.

This instead follows Kate's life from the now infamous early discovery at the age of 14 to the present. Some of the early photos are fascinating and certainly I had never seen them before. This then follows Kate through early career, the peak of super-stardom, and her moves into design and retailing since.

It is pretty heavy too on her relationships: Johnny Depp, Jefferson Hack, Pete Docherty and Jamie Hince - and, of course, the photos that accompany each man.

So not quite a glossy coffee-table tome, but not quite a biography either. The photos are beautiful as we would expect, but the many, many quotes from friends simply repeating the fact that KM has perfect and unexpected fashion sense wore a little thin by page 190...

I also expected Buttolph to be a bit more spiky in her assessments as she is in her journalism. Kate is perennially beautiful and of course is a classic fashion icon, but there are times when her style simply stagnates (trashy too-short hot-pants? The perpetual skinny jeans, rock tee and blazer with ballet flats/boots?) and Buttolph indicates this by calling it a `uniform' but maintains an almost hagiographical attitude all the same.

But overall this is a compelling retrospective of Kate over the last twenty years, and the photos and attitude they convey are inspirational.
on 1 October 2008
Excellent balance between text and pics with loads of facts and bits of interviews I have never read before as well as pictures never seen before to my knowledge.

The author did a really thorough job at finding out about Kate's style which is basically all about having an eye for things and integrating them to make them your own. And that's what great style is about.

Brilliant
on 14 October 2008
I loved this book... Fantastic photos galore as I had expected, but this book is far more than a glossy picture gallery. It gives a brilliant insight into Kate's universally admired and coveted personal style and sheds some light on the key players whose influence has helped to shape Kate Moss as a world style icon.

`Kate Moss: Style' is thoroughly researched, readable and inspirational. Buy this book!
on 11 October 2011
I'll be basic about this - I bought this book as I love Kate Moss's style and love to see what she is wearing so I am happy of all the photos that were in the book - however the book started from her life early on and seemed to take alot to get to the next chapter and with a different designer being mentioned every sentence it was a mind boggling. Anyway, this will now make a lovely coffee table book!
on 27 April 2009
I read an article on this book, which indicated that it laid out the 'rules' Kate Moss used to select clothes and outfits. In fact it turned out to be a not very well written biography, with vague dates, and sometimes glaring typos. Also an assumption that the reader was familiar with Kate's friends, without explaining who they were.
I was more inerested in general style rules than a look at Kate's wardrobe through the ages, so was pretty disappointed. Kept on waiting for the helpful section, but it never came.
Nice as a picture book.
on 28 February 2014
Very interesting book about famous top model Kate Moss. It's more a book about her since the beginning than a book just about her outfits. High quality photos and easy reading. Recommendable.
on 27 February 2014
Love this book, however I love Kate Moss - great pics and plenty to read - I would recommend this
on 13 July 2014
great read, good photos of the style queen of fashion
on 3 January 2016
Good insight to how she works