5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY MOUTH WATERING
Published on 30 Sep 2008 by Mrs. April Cunningham

2.0 out of 5 stars Slim to Win - Rosemary Conley
I was disappointed with this - it is just a nice cookbook, but not for me, as I am single. I wouldn't use it as a shopping list, I would end up with a cupboard full of bits and pieces. The same with the recipes, they are mostly not suitable for one.

Published on 8 Mar 2011 by Ann

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY MOUTH WATERING, 30 Sep 2008
Mrs. April Cunningham "april1152" (west midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slim to Win: Diet and Cookbook (Hardcover)
I have just spent my lunchtime pouring over this book, and I cannot wait to try the recipes out. Rosemary starts out with her usual splurg about dieting, and then explains about the Slim to Win Diet. There is a fat attack to start your diet, or you can simply personalise your own diet, and after looking through the book, you cannot fail by personalising. There are starters, lunches, recipes for meat eaters, fish eaters and vegetarians, and whole section on roasts and also a fail free christmas menu, and for those of you who have a sweet tooth a whole section on puddings. I simply cannot recommend this enough -

5.0 out of 5 stars I've lost 9lbs in 5 weeks using this book!, 11 Feb 2009
Lou (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slim to Win: Diet and Cookbook (Hardcover)
I bought this book to help get me and my partner in to a healthy eating regime. She gives you great ideas for breakfast, light lunches, lunches to go, soup, main meals, party food and even a healthy Christmas day dinner. What I love about this book is the recipes are very simply and she details how long the preparation time of the meal and how long it takes to cook and there is a picture of every finished meal! We have been very strict on our diet and I would advise you to prepare before you go to the supermarket by picking out 5 recipes you are going to cook that week and write down the ingredients you need to buy as some are a bit obscure i.e. arrowroot, garam masala etc. but its worth it, I have lost 9lbs and my partner has lost 12lbs and the food is delicious!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with this book, 16 Mar 2009
This review is from: Slim to Win: Diet and Cookbook (Hardcover)
I purchased this book, not having high expectations, I'm always buying cookery books with good intentions to try out new recipes but never do. So you can imagine my surprise, not only did I read it and look at the recipes, but I also tried out a lot of the recipes. They were very simple to follow, and delicious. I was very impressed by the book and thoroughly recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Low-Fat Recipes, 11 Dec 2009
This review is from: Slim to Win: Diet and Cookbook (Hardcover)
Having helped my mum lose 2 stone on Rosemary's original Hip and Thigh diet over 10 years ago, I have often relied upon the original book for guidance when I have felt the need to eat a bit lighter. This year my other half and I decided that we didn't want to overeat in the run-up to Christmas and so having perused our bookcase full of cook books, we soon realised that we were lacking suggestions for tasty low-fat recipes. Then I spotted this book and ordered it straight away! This book combines the principles of the updated diet with recipes for all occasions. I would say it differs to her other paperback diet books such as the original hip and thigh and GI hip and thigh in that there is less of an emphasis upon guidance to exercise and more of an emphasis on the food. The diet is set out in an easy to follow format, followed by the recipes. Nutritional content is set out for each recipe and, in the manner of Rosemary's other diet books, at the back there is a handy table to enable you to calculate your recommended calorific intake for weight loss.
The diet itself is her GI hip and thigh diet and the familiar "fat attack fortnight" start to the diet where up to half a stone can be lost. For those of you who are wondering whether the diet works, the answer is if you stick to it, it most certainly does!! We both lost nearly half a stone each on "fat attack fortnight" and to be honest we did not stick to the diet 100% so could have lost more. We are still on the plan and are still losing weight. I am not overweight and have a BMI in the ideal range but this diet is a winner for those who are desperate to lose that half a stone or so of hard to shift weight, as well as those with more weight to lose. You rarely feel hungry following the diet and there is pleanty of variety to keep you from getting bored.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, low-fat recipe book, 5 Feb 2009
Cherrill M. Mason (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slim to Win: Diet and Cookbook (Hardcover)
I have been attending Rosemary Conley Diet and exercise classes since September 2008 and have got down to my goal weight and this book has been a good supplement to the class. It has helped me to be able to still enjoy cooking nice meals minus all the fat. Well laid out, nice pictures and good hearty simple recipes. I have been very impressed how much I have made use of this book since I bought it. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, simple, low fat and tasty recipes, 23 April 2009
G. Horsham (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Slim to Win: Diet and Cookbook (Hardcover)
Rosemary Conley has produced yet another excellent low fat cookery book - this is the 4th one of her books we have and we regularly eat meals from these books; the whole family loves her recipes.

The Slim to Win book is clearly and simply laid out into different sections such as soups, light lunches, meals for 1, 20 minute meals etc. All the meals are very appetising and simply constructed, listing how many the dish is for, how many calories it has and how many grams of fat it contains. Also highlighted is whether they are vegetarian or suitable for freezing.

I feel that the audience for this book is wider than her previous books as it is focusing more on life style, with discrete meals such as light lunches, salads and speedy stir fries.

Overall and excellent book of tasty meals and healthy too - perfect!

2.0 out of 5 stars Slim to Win - Rosemary Conley, 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: Slim to Win: Diet and Cookbook (Hardcover)

It failed to involve me on the slimming side, as there was nothing new. We all know about the first two weeks effort, and there is little in the book about Gi foods that would bring it up to date. There were one or two tips that I found useful and new.

It is nicely presented, and beautifully laid out, so it gets stars for that. It looks good, but I would have liked far more content about losing weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rosemary Conley Slim to win cookbook, 28 Jun 2009
Mrs. Patricia A. Kay (Sheffield UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slim to Win: Diet and Cookbook (Hardcover)
Excellent. If you're trying to loose weight this is the book for you. I've lost 11 pounds in 5 weeks, just following the recipes and portion sizes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gone Cooking, 29 April 2009
Globe Trotter (Colwyn Bay, North Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slim to Win: Diet and Cookbook (Hardcover)
Excellent recipes that are easy to follow and the majority of recipes can be used on all of the family. Eating well but healthily

4.0 out of 5 stars A Useful Diet Book, 20 April 2009
D. A. Blanche - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slim to Win: Diet and Cookbook (Hardcover)
We have worked our way through many of Rosemary's diet books and this is the best so far. The recipes are a lot tastier than previous versions and like all her diet programmes there is enough to keep you from feeling hungry. We lost weight without really trying too hard.
It worked for us!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x9de93408)

Slim to Win: Diet and Cookbook
Slim to Win: Diet and Cookbook by Rosemary Conley (Hardcover - 2 Oct 2008)
18.99