5.0 out of 5 stars The pinnacle of human achievement
Published on 29 Jan 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, but so cringey!!!
Published on 14 Jun 2009 by susan_1981

5.0 out of 5 stars The pinnacle of human achievement, 29 Jan 2011
This review is from: Angel Uncovered (Hardcover)
When man trod forth from his dank and dark caves to cast his eyes on the frontier of mankind's knowledge, could he have dared to dream that we could reach such heights? As he knapped the first flint, hacked the first tree, gave his family heat and light through fire, perhaps he had the foresight to see how, millennia later, such poetry and insight could be plucked from his ancestor's heart and set out for all to mull. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe something more daring or more questioning will one day be put forth but for now, I believe we have mined man's intellect and found the Great Star of Africa of literature. Congratulations, humanity, our search for perfection is over, and its name is 'Angel Uncovered.'

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, but so cringey!!!, 14 Jun 2009
This is a good book but it just makes me cringe. All Katie Price is doing with her books is basically telling her life, but adding fantasies into it, like the gorgeous footballer husband. To me, it seems clear that Cal is based on David Beckham and Angel is clearly based on her. And if you've read her latest autobiography, you'll see that this book has a hell of a lot about post natal depression in, as does her autobiography!

So definitely worth a read but to be honest, it's almost like reading her autobiography all over again. And I just think it makes Katie Price look a little pathetic.

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm not sure..., 3 Jun 2009
C. Rucroft "The little bookworm" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I loved the previous two books by Katie, but this was a bit of a let down. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it but the ending was silly and rushed.I think the book was rushed (possibly to get it to print asap). The name dropping all the time also drives me mad. It's just embarassing.
Having said that, I'll still be buying 'Saphire' when it comes out.

NB: I really wish people who haven't read the book wouldn't leave reviews. You don't have any idea what the book is like and slag it off because of who it is written by, which I find slightly pathetic. If you don't want to read it that's fine. There are plenty of other books to choose from.

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable beach read, 25 July 2009
This book could never be called a masterpiece and at times the writing style even made me cringe. However, i really enjoyed the story and was unable to put the book down until i had finished it. It is a perfect beach read or a good way to spend a lazy afternoon, which is exactly what i did.

The plot is a bit slow to begin with and i found the post-natal depression stuff a little repetitive, but it eventually picked up steam and the many twists and turns kept me guessing until the end. And what a shock ending! It did seem a little rushed, and it left a lot of unanswered questions, but i enjoyed it nonetheless. I even went back and read the last page again as i was so taken aback, still not sure how i feel about it.

Quite obvious that Angel had been based on Katie herself. I just hope that there is a book to follow Angel Uncovered where we see Cal given another chance, as some of his behaviour in this seemed a little out of character from the previous book, although still credible.

If you want a quick and easy read with plenty of celebrities, drama, bitching and scandal then give this a try. If you don't like the WAG lifestyle then don't bother.

3.0 out of 5 stars disapointing ending, 25 July 2009
L. Hanna "Pink and Black" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angel Uncovered (Hardcover)
very very disappointed with the ending thought it could have ended far better enjoyed the book very much loved the twist of cal cheating and other things however angel didnt like the baseball star till the end its like whoever wrote it changed the story halfway through it kinda ruined the whole book

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh how I wanted this book to be as good as the first!, 15 Aug 2009
I love all of the books katie price has had ghostwritten,but angel still remains my favorite.I was desperate to hear all about angels life as a WAG,although dissapointed she hardly models at all in this novel,her modelling career having given way to motherhood and WAG-dom..
However it is ridiculous that Angel would stay with a man who treats her as badly as cal and this infuritated me more as the book went on.I was literally steaming with rage at the unfairness of it all and how cal had changed into this total twit.
Then the ending seemed rushed and I can only hope there will be a third book to complete this as it seems like the second in a triology rather than a complete book in itself.
I WANT to like this book SO much, but sadly its not nearly up to the standard of Angel, Crystal, or even Saphire, even though Angel is my favorite character of the three.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read but wouldn't say fantastic., 27 Oct 2009
A. Cokayne (England) - See all my reviews
I have read most of Katie's books, and have been happy with the read but with this one I felt there was alot of self repeat. Post Natal Depression was mentioned through out the book which is good as it lets people know more about it, but to have it mentioned all the time made me roll my eye's as if to say "not again". I also felt it related alot to Katie's life with the horse riding, going from blonde to brown hair, and the constant arguing from the top WAG's which I feel had something to do with Victoria Beckham and her "feud" and "jealousy" towards Katie.
But the read was good one, and at times i didn't put it down just wanting to know what happens next.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good follow up, disapointing end, 5 Sep 2008
This review is from: Angel Uncovered (Hardcover)
I enjoyed this book, its a bit of fluff and escapisim. As much as I like Katie Price, I dont think you can expect any great literacy masterpiece, from either her or her ghost writer but it does whatit is aimed to do, entertain you for a bit with a few twists and turns!!

I was a bit disapointed at what I can only describe as a total personality change of Cal, and I did'nt like the end of the book at all, I was really disapointed, and a tad confused but in retrospect this is an ideal ending for the next in the Angel triology.

Good read for a beach holiday or just a lazy afternoon, I finished it within about five hours!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars ------, 2 Aug 2009
Sally Altmann "Twilight fanatic" (Reading, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angel Uncovered (Hardcover)
I absolutley loved Angel and was desperate to read the sequel, although I did enjoy this book I think it was too 'sad' and there are only a few moments of 'happiness' in the book, I was very sad about the ending and actually cried! If there isn't going to be another sequel I feel the ending wasn't right as everything has to have a happy ending!
I do think that Katie was brave though as not many wrighters would do this.

Overall I give it 3 stars mainly because I didnt agree with the ending and not because of the Litreture value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read!, 30 April 2009
I have just finished reading this book and it's a perfect light read to take with you on holiday. Although I preferred the first one, I thought this was really well written and entertaining and I found myself unable to put it down. However, I was slightly disappointed with the ending and it left a few questions unanswered, but I'm hoping there will be a sequel in the near future to shed light on this. Overall a really good read and I would definitely recommend it!

Angel Uncovered
Angel Uncovered by Katie Price (Hardcover - 17 July 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01