Format: Hardcover|Change

on 1 August 2011
I remember reading this when it first came out meaning I would have been aged 13 (roughly) and really enjoying it. I found the book when clearing out my room and decided to re-read it since I had completely forgotten the plot and characters and, as a more mature reader, I was disappointed to see what a shallow, one divisional and poorly written novel it was.

My biggest gripe with this was the weak way in which it was written. I'm not just referring to the lack of description here (which, undoubtedly, left the book feeling jaunted and dull) but also the rogue question marks on the end of things that weren't questions! In fact it read as though it should be a basic children's book and I was utterly shocked (if not insulted) that this has been printed and labelled a best seller! Do editors not read through these things anymore? I'm aware that Katie openly admits to not writing her own novels (the term author is evidently used extremely loosely these days) so it baffles me that she didn't even have the intellect to select somebody with a respectable literal ability.

However, parts of the book were bearable and I though the storyline had some `chick- lit' potential. It was fast moving and had a fair few dramatic disasters (albeit they were unbelievable) which wins it the extra star.
on 16 January 2014
I really enjoyed this book. I thought Crystal was a likeable character even though she makes some mistakes I found myself caring about what happens to her which I think is important. I've read Angel also which I thought was terrible but I would recomend this one!!
on 5 August 2009
This was the first katie price novel i've read, i got it free from a glossy and i've got to say it was NOT bad.

I just cudn't put it down!

I recently finished reading jodie marsh's auto biography and the contents are similar in how it goes through a "STUNNING" girl's adventure into the glamour and fame industry and man eating. Crystal is definately reflective on aspects of Katie's own life and you can tell which subjects these are as she likes to go into them with great detail. Its a great read and true that it lacks depth and not the biggest range in vocabulary (thats the one fault i'd give it) but then again thats' Katie Price's writing style, blunt and cynical....which is tasteful but the goods out weigh the bad. Reading it was entertaining with plenty of dramatic events lined up. I'd recommend it to any chic read fan, its definately one of the best ones.
on 10 March 2008
I had this book brought for me and didnt think i would really like it, but i actually couldnt put it down! It is excellently written and really makes you feel lik you can relate to the character. I will be buyin angel and hope it is just as good! i Hope Katie writes more novels like this. An brill book!!
on 22 October 2007
I read Crystal before i read Angel, i couldnt put down the book i felt part of it that i felt id become Crystal, i cried when she cried and felt all the emotions she had. One of the best books i have read and will recommend it to everyone if the like watching the x-factor they will really love it. maybe read Angel first but Crystal is the best cant wait for the next one, its just FAB ***********************************
on 5 November 2007
I bought Crystal because I was looking for something light-hearted and girly to read, nothing too taxing! However, my boyfriend was slightly less optimistic at the thought of me buying a book written by Jordan. I managed to finish this book in 2 or 3 days, I was totally hooked on it!

It's a good book, there is not much depth to it, but it is a bit of a rollercoaster ride, even if some major events seem to be missed out with phrases like '3 Months Later...' used to join chapters. But if you are looking for a nice easy book to read with not much thinking involved then this is a book for you, its a sort of grown up, modern day fairytale. The story is engaging and easy to follow, and the ending makes you feel that the story is complete.

All in all, I was quite impressed by it, and its only about £4 so what have you got to lose!
on 14 June 2007
I started reading this book less than 23 hours ago,It has been like glue stuck to my hand, once i started i couldnt stop, i sulked when i had to put it down this morning for a doctors appointment. This book stired up emotions i didnt know i had, it was an amazing read, better than the last, a story of real life, love, betrayal, trust and life. A must for every reader.
on 25 March 2008
There is one word to describe this book... drivel. The characters have no depth to them, not just personality wise. The book doesn't flow. There is no description of anything. Its seems to be step by step without actually joining the dots. I know books are left to the reader to imagine what the characters look like etc but not to fill in the gaps and try and salvage some sort of storyline between what is written.

It seems to be a case of lets mention as many "designer" names as possible in an attempt to get some goodies from them.

If I was Katie Price I would think twice before putting my name on something so dire. Its written as if a child should read it but the language is definitely not for younger readers.

I'm glad that I didn't actually buy this book and I won't be buying any more of her's in future.
on 26 November 2013
[CONTAINS SPOILERS]

I was a little apprehensive about starting this book but once I started I found it enjoyable, to begin with. The sentences were quite short and abrupt but once I had got into the book everything flowed nicely and the characters were strong and likeable, most of them, anyway. To begin with I really enjoyed the storyline and reading about Crystal and her relationships with her band mates and Max but then it all sort of became far too imaginative. The end of the story really disappointed me, yes it was a happy ending but I felt that it would have been so much better had Crystal and Jake not got back together, especially after how he treated her. I also felt that there were lots of conversations and points in the story that really weren't necessary. Overall it was an okay read but forgettable.
on 24 May 2008
I was surprised to be told that Katie Price was apparently actually a good writer, and I immediately went down to the local librarly and rented the book out.
I was lied to.

To be honest, the writing itself isn't terrible. Her style gives the reader a lot of drama very fast, and I can see why some people would enjoy this. But personally, I require some realistic description as well, and I found the lead character's stupidity frustrating. The story was overly optimistic and very far fetched.

But; then again, if you want a simplistic read with no real depth, maybe this book would do.