5.0 out of 5 stars This talks to me..., 23 Jan 2014
M. L. Mottershaw "cpeptide" (Leicester, england) - See all my reviews
I can totally relate to this book and only wish more dietitians and doctors would read it. We know what food is good for us and what is not, we know we need to move more - exercise but how do we change.

This is not your normal diet book. Why can't we have groups who use this approach instead of "fat clubs".

If you are sick of being nagged to diet read this book and see what you really need to change.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS REALLY GETS IT, 6 Feb 2014
I bought this before Christmas and sat down to read with it mince pies and Christmas cake in one hand and the book in the other.
It really rings home why we stuff ourselves constantly with the foods we know we should not eat all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deepak Chopra brilliant as always, 4 April 2014
If you like Deepak then this is classic. As well as practical tips for weight loss and his own story he gets you to think about why your life is out of balance and therefore you are eating too much or the wrong foods. Easy to read and digest!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, Dr. Deepak!, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: What Are You Hungry For?: The Chopra Solution to Permanent Weight Loss, Well-Being and Lightness of Soul (Paperback)
I'm still reading this book, but the idea of " you aren't so much what you eat, but what you think" really strikes accord with me in this fab book. I'm a long-time Dr. Chopra fan anyway. He is an experienced medical doctor making sometimes unfamiliar or esoteric-sounding Eastern ideas accessible to the West; I also have an interest in natural and holistic living. What we eat, feel, think and do in life is a choice, and they all affect each other, according to this book. If you are out of balance somewhere in your life it will show in your health, and possibly your weight. Your GP isn't a magician and bad food and medical choices can and do make us ill and big companies extremely rich.

Becoming aware of this concept is at the heart of this book. Once your awareness of your diet and lifestyle awakens and your understanding of the mind-body link grows (including how this can affect your weight and the further effects this has to say, to your sleeping habits or confidence-levels), you learn to know you can make helpful changes. You can remove what doesn't serve you, and gradually introduce dietary and other lifestyle choices that balance you and your weight, bringing you health and happiness. I can honestly say Dr. Chopra's ideas work for me, and I'm feeling better for them. It would be great if the NHS adopted these ideas rather than spending billions on treating symptoms.

As the book suggests, it's not a diet book per se, but one about changing your mindset related to food, using both Western and Ayurvedic medical philosophies. If you don't want to be seen as a hippie, it might not be for you, but if you're open-minded or like Deepak Chopra's other work (there's a lot of it!), give it a read. It's practical, positive and accessible reading. If you'd rather try an entirely non-Eastern approach to the same kind of things, then I'd recommend Paul McKenna's hypnotherapy and NLP-based work instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars very practical, 5 April 2014
I like. This author is so down to earth and realistic about expectations and time. I will be trying the exercises and recipes from this book.

ARRAY(0xaa8ebc24)