5.0 out of 5 stars Review for Super Brain by Deepak Chopra and Rudolph E Tanzi
Published 21 months ago by Purple Moon

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a lot new, an opportunity missed
I expected more about neuroscience interwoven with the current understanding of consciousness and spirituality from the pairing of these two heavyweight contributors- I was disappointed. The book is padded out with unhelpful lists and repetitions, with very little for the reader to get a hold of. A book for one quick read and off with it to the charity shop - what a pity.
Published 21 months ago by GrannyRuth

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for Super Brain by Deepak Chopra and Rudolph E Tanzi, 20 Dec 2012
I have been a Deepak Chopra fan for years and this latest book, in collaboration with Rudolph E Tanzi, does not disappoint. Fascinating to read about new discoveries about the human brain and although it would be a really interesting read for almost anyone, I do feel that it is especially relevant for people of my age group, (middle age ish!), as there is a lot of good advice about how to ward off the dreaded dementia and Alzheimer's Disease.

I really got a lot out of this book and am now on my second reading as while the authors manage to make this difficult subject (the human brain and how it works), understandable by the layman, there are some passages which need a second read to fully grasp what they are saying.

All in all, I heartily recommend this book

13.01.12

Just as an update - I have finished re-reading this book and it is so worth doing as you grasp so much more the second time! The chapter entitled "The Reality Illusion", is quite simply, stunning! This is probably the best book I have read in this genre.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mind opening book, 26 Feb 2013
This book changed the way I look at both mine and others behaviours , the world is a different place when viewed now

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book. Highly recommend., 25 Dec 2012
If you are interested in Mindfulness, this is a great book for learning more about the neuroscience and practical applications for upgrading your brain to live a happier and more effective life - achieving your personal best more and more often.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for anybody's self help collection, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Super Brain: Unleashing the explosive power of your mind to maximize health, happiness and spiritual well-being (Paperback)
Great insides and ideas about the human mind/brain separation. I used the audiobook. It makes for a very inspirational listen on the way to work. I have also purchased it to my mother and my father.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be inspired, 29 Aug 2013
The joy of living now is that science can explain how we are able to achieve as humans, the process of self healing.
Chopra is above all, a brilliant teacher, his use of words, his explanations are often poetic and linking with a "brain expert" makes this book a compelling read.
Why be negative about life - you are a human, you are a miracle. Believe it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Brain, 17 Aug 2013
jane churcher (Gosport, Hants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is certainly not a quick and easy read, take your time devour what is being suggested and put it into action, it cannot fail. It has offered me a different way of looking at certain aspects of my life - which has to be good. I would recommend this particularly if your tendency is towards a negative approach to living.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book from a great person, 7 Aug 2013
I must say started was finding it hard to get engrossed with this book as I have with books written in the past by deepak but then I found something in this book that I will forever be greatfull for not that long ago I had reconnecttive healing and that changed my life and with help from books I believe I have truly been enlightened and my way of thinking has changed so dramatically I would of never have seen my self saying thank you to God my life is so different now .I been saying that my healing has been the cause but now I can say that I have been enlightened .not saying that I'm not still learning but if you New me before and now you would see. It's like you just no that without a doubt that everything will be ok and there is a reason for everything and everything is connected and I am a creator and when I need some divine inspiration it will be there thank you Dan age 33 life is just beginning

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and Eyeopening, 22 July 2013
I found this book so fascinating to read. It gives a really clear understanding of how we can use our brain to remain holistic in our lives and steer clear of becoming creatures of habits. It has left me with lots to think about! I found the several lists they use in many chapters to help you identify with your own behaviours particularly helpful - their are several instructions on how we can move to make our brains more active which will help combat 'old age' coming too soon, but also how we can expand the brain and improve our own lives by adding variety and new experiences. Top marks- recommended to anyone- I am only in my 20s but can see how it would be very interesting to old generations too- with chapters dedicated to issues surrounding Alzheimer's etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Amazing book I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read !!!, 19 Jun 2014
I can't find hardly anything wrong with this book, it was very informative and engaging at the same time. I learned so many interesting things about the brain and its true potential that is each and everyone of us.

If you're interested in unlocking some of your own potential (in your brain) I would recommend this book!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›