5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever................ Helps with our everyday fears
Published 10 months ago by susan

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, but...
I am usually a great fan of TNH's books as the man is one of the most wonderful Buddhist teachers alive today; but there is a but. Actually there are two buts.

Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, but..., 18 May 2013
This review is from: Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through The Storm (Paperback)

1. Much of the content here is re-hashed and given a bit of spin to make it applicable to the topic of fear. The earlier TNH books do a much better, and more detailed, job of communicating the material.

2. Perhaps I am just too uptight, but I'm not very comfortable with the suggestion to place two cushions on the floor and swap between them whilst having a discussion between my inner child on one cushion (complete with childlike voice) and my adult self on the other. This seems closer to new age mumbo-jumbo than traditional Buddhist wisdom.

So feel free to hit the 'This review wasn't helpful button' (negative reviews seem to get a disproportionate number of those, especially when they contradict the majority view) but I've given my honest opinion. If you are new to TNH then 'The Miracle of Mindfulness' (and many others) gets 6 stars at least.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever................ Helps with our everyday fears, 19 Sep 2013
A truly amazing book, it helps with realising everything changes all the time, not be afraid, to welcome the changes, to understand the changes, and to relieve yourselves of fearing losing loved ones, of fearing death, of accepting changes as it happens, and by letting go of our every day fears we can live more calmly in ourselves, and not make ourselves ill with overthinking every situation............ a truly great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Help Through life., 25 Feb 2013
I give 5 stars because the book was quite easy to understand Thich Nhat Hanh's simplified teaching is relevant for any one following any school of Buddhism or for any one following another religion or none. My growth gained a lot by reading it even although I'm not Buddhist.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for everyone... it's up to you!, 13 Feb 2013
Thich Nhat Hanh writes with a passion and wisdom which is sadly lacking in today's disposable society. He manages to put his message across very simply, which grips your interest to the extent that you have to keep turning the pages. I recommend this book to anyone who is concerned about their past and worries what the future may bring. It's time to face your fears and start living!

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and inspiring, 9 Oct 2013
Sr M. Fitzsimmons (Northumberland, U.K.) - See all my reviews
Finding this book accessible, practical and inspiring in discovering the roots of fear and the ways to live more free of fear

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly rcommended, 9 May 2013
This book literally helped me in so many ways. As a human being we go through so many emotions,so many turmoils and this book will definitely help you see the things as it is,help you overcome your deep fear.its just a beautifully written book about us .please do read it,highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful message, 27 Mar 2013
K. E. Monaco (Taiwan) - See all my reviews
This is a dear book, which can certainly help to start the
process of facing your fears and getting to grips with
them. I would imagine that it could be quite revelationary
for someone new to the path of self-discovery and improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Non fear' is available to everyone, 15 Mar 2013
As always Thich Nhat Hanh's approach is gentle, clear and helpful. He gives some simple exercises to start us on the path of understanding ourselves. 'Non fear' is a precious gift to give our loved ones. If you're looking for guidance in today's world then please read this book - you don't have to be Buddhist.

5.0 out of 5 stars This has to be the best book I have ever read on Mindfulness, 18 July 2014
This has to be the best book I have ever read on Mindfulness. It is so packed with brilliant insights that I'm having to read it really slowly to take it all in and it is a book I am sure I will go back to again and again. It should be compulsory reading in all secondary schools as it really helps you understand your feelings and let them go without blaming yourself or anyone else.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Thich in time, 17 Jun 2014
G. Mather "geemath" (Lancashire UK) - See all my reviews
I came rather late to Thich Nhat Hanh. I then came to admire him to the point where I have a picture of him on my office wall.
He is a Buddhist teacher of insight and humility, who writes simply in a style anyone can get along with. The simplicity masks his deep knowledge of Buddhism. He sits with the Buddha. You have to know him and his books - and they are many - to appreciate the depths of that.

Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through The Storm
Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through The Storm by Thich Nhat Hanh (Paperback - 15 Nov 2012)
8.39