5.0 out of 5 stars Starter gem
This is a great set for starters and although i have been reading the tarot for years I still use it. The pictures are a great tool for insight.
Published on 28 Jun 2011 by welshbird73

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy and disappointing
I bought two copies of this deck, One for me and one as a surprise present for a friend. This page is misleading as it suggests that there is at least a Little White Book with the cards, if not a full-fledged book. There isn't. You get the cards and that's it. You're expected to shell out another twelve quid or so for an aftermarket book instead.

The cards...
Published on 27 Mar 2010 by Steve Craftman

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy and disappointing, 27 Mar 2010
Steve Craftman (Neath) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Mythic Tarot Deck (Cards)

The cards themselves are very similar to the original deck, but the potentially unconventional arrangement of the major arcana demands a LWB. I say potentially because the majors aren't numbered, only named.

The cards are roughly cut from their original sheet which makes them difficult to separate, though doubtless after repeated shufflings that would become less of an issue. The purple ink of the box is of poor enough quality that it had already started to rub off onto the inside of the top of the box.

The last straw was discovering that one of the two decks I bought had was missing the Ten of Wands and had an extra Page of Wands instead. Naturally that deck has been returned, and given the shoddy nature of the manufacture of the deck in general I decided to return the "perfect" deck as well: its quality was such that I'd be embarrassed to give it as a present.

My advice: wait till this deck has a new printing/publisher, or look out for a second hand copy of the original.

1.0 out of 5 stars new mythic tarot, 2 Nov 2010
This review is from: The New Mythic Tarot Deck (Cards)
Disappointing. Unfortunately bad quality and although advertised as including a small white booklet, this was missing. Not a patch on the old set. recommendation...pass on this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Criminal!, 21 May 2010
Amazon Customer (West Bromwich, West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Mythic Tarot Deck (Cards)
After using the original Mythic Tarot for many years.I decided to see what the new one would be like.
It's absolutely awful in comparison.Shoddy card stock,CGI animations on the cards.All the original beauty has been completely stripped away compared to the original.I for one will not be using it for reading and I'm appalled that Ms Burke has even given the go ahead on these cards.Shame on you!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed with this deck!, 4 Aug 2009
This review is from: The New Mythic Tarot Deck (Cards)
This being The New Mythic Tarot I bought this deck knowing that the cards had been changed slightly from the original deck, however when I got them I did not like the images, the cups especially looked too metallic and photographic which didn't fit well with the beautiful imagery, there were countless other subtle changes too such as the length of the high priestess's dress. I had the original deck when it first came out, having lost them over the years I was seeking a replacement but this deck was a disappointment, it didn't have the look or feel of the original deck, if you can purchase the cards with the original artwork, this deck left me cold though I have kept it for my collection.

I have to add the seller's service was extremely good, the cards were just disappointing and there wasn't even a pamphlet, just the cards.

3.0 out of 5 stars something missing, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: The New Mythic Tarot Deck (Cards)
I had a deck of the original mythic tarot but lost a card from the deck. So I brought the new one because I love the way the mythic tarot makes a story of the cards, however I thought the original was a bit boring colour wise. Having received the new deck I am disappointed in the pictures. It seems that the whole idea wasn't well thought through, even rushed and it totally lacks the life that the original has.

The deck itself is a great deck and I would recommend it to anyone as it makes so much sense and makes it easier to interpret a reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Starter gem, 28 Jun 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for starters, 25 Jan 2011
This review is from: The New Mythic Tarot Deck (Cards)
This deck, and its just the deck you'll get, is quite good, because it allows an association between the cards and Greek myths, making it easy to understand the forces at work in life and Tarot.
But the 4 stars are only for that, because the image makes you think you'll get a booklet, which you don't, and without a support book it's just like any other deck.
Overall, great for starters, who are learning the cards, how to shuffle and trying to get familiar with the theme. But if you've got no information on tarot whatsoever, buy it with the support book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend these cards., 5 July 2014
This review is from: The New Mythic Tarot Deck (Cards)
These are my favorite tarot cards. They are so easy to understand and every picture tells a story. I teach Tarot to my students and they all find the mythic tarot the best to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Regular user., 30 May 2014
This review is from: The New Mythic Tarot Deck (Cards)
I teach Tarot workshops Beginners -Advanced and demonstrate with this deck, plus the Rider Waite. Regularly purchase from this supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiffing!, 17 April 2014
This review is from: The New Mythic Tarot Deck (Cards)
Thanks for posting me 'The New Mythic Tarot Deck'. I'm giving you five out of five since I love tarot cards.

The New Mythic Tarot Deck
The New Mythic Tarot Deck by Giovanni Caselli (Cards - 7 May 2009)
13.27