5.0 out of 5 stars Devastating Honesty
This is a devastatingly honest book.

To encounter raw honesty can be a disturbing yet liberating experience

It is disturbing because it holds a mirror before our own untruths. The illusions we hold so dear about our past and about who we want to believe we are.

It is liberating because it seems to give a strange permission to be equally...
Published on 23 Mar. 2010 by Simon Small

1.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Insight
This book gives a fascinating insight to Peter Owen Jones and I can quite see why he needed to write it but I don't know that I needed to read it.
Published on 20 Sept. 2010 by K. Taylor

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to pick up and read one or two of his letters., 24 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Letters from an Extreme Pilgrim: Reflections on Life, Love and the Soul (Hardcover)
because it is letters to different people, it is a book which I found i could just pick up if i had a few minutes. Through the letters he tells us of his life in an unusual way and how people effected him.
I would like to meet this man he seems wise , kind, intelligent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Letters from an Extreme Pilgrim by Peter Owen Jones, 6 Mar. 2011
This is a thought provoking insight into the effects of being in a harsh environment and spending time as a hermit there. The letters are, I suspect, only part of the outcome of this particular period in Peter Owen Jones' life.
Peter Owen Jones' TV programmes and books always leave me wanting to know more about all kinds of things and not necessarily spiritual. These letters open up areas of the soul normally kept under close lock and key by us lesser mortals. All the more courageous then to put his feelings into print. I would love to meet him and just listen to what he has to say about spirituality and other stuff. This is the next best thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Good, 14 Mar. 2011
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone wishing to explore their inner feelings & spirituality. It's written in a concise way, with a thoughtful narrative and beautiful prose. Peter is not afraid to confront some very difficult issues, made all the more intriguing by the fact that the letters are written when he was undergoing an extreme period of isolation. Perhaps we all need to find some isolation in our lives so that we can reconnect with God and not get too caught up in the fast paced living of the twenty-first century.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Life of Searching, 25 April 2011
T. Ritchie - See all my reviews
This small book which reflects just one man's search for reality, somehow touches on the experiences of many people. The pleasures, whether real or imagined, and the hurts that accompanies us throughout our life are all here. Yet, it is the prevailing sense of simplicity, of acceptance of how things are and the a realisation that we are all part of a greater whole, part of nature itself, that prevades the whole of this book. A small book, but one that touches the core of the human condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Letters from an Extreme Pilgrim, 23 Dec. 2010
An amazingly moving book which brings an engaging frankness to todays world and how we can encounter God in our world today. Wish I could meet this man, he has such a lot to tell us about ourselves and about God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, if you want it straight from the heart get this book, 12 Feb. 2013
This man's honesty outshines all else for me in this book. He is a great storyteller, a showman, selfish, but above all provides a refreshing and somewhat unique look at the ideas that we all take for granted. He teaches us, not through pedagogy but through example, how to look at what we know with totally new eyes.

You don't have to be a believer to get something from this book, it speaks to anyone in its self-deprecating and honest view of life from a man who is a parish priest.

5.0 out of 5 stars A prophet for our times..., 19 Dec. 2013
This is the best spiritual book I have read for some time. Each letter touches your heart with its depth of wisdom and searing honesty. Peter Owen Jones is truly a prophet for our times; his message is delivered with great humility and truth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful to Read!, 26 Nov. 2013
I have always liked P.O.Jones and watched his T.V. programmes. This book is lovely to dip into and read slowly and peacefully. Its never far away from me and I read it when I feel I need to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 7 Mar. 2013
This book has made me question the real meaning of life away from the everyday pressures from a busy family and work life. Taking time to be!

5.0 out of 5 stars a Treasure, 14 Mar. 2015
Beautiful book and one to treasure and read often

Letters from an Extreme Pilgrim: Reflections on Life, Love and the Soul