5.0 out of 5 stars Very important reading for modern women
This is simply one of the most important and helpful books I've read. So many women today are struggling with depression, stress, or a sense of simply being unfulfilled. I know, I'm one. More and more we turn to destructive behaviours - maybe drinking, drugs, soul-destroying relationships or jobs .... or we try to be a 'good girl' at all costs. What is it that we're...
Published on 15 Feb. 2004 by daisyrock

3.0 out of 5 stars Insightful but infuriating
I have read a quarter of this 500-page book, but I have to give up. It's interesting and insightful, but it's just SO densely written I found I was getting irritated, and this was cancelling out any benefit I gained. It's written in a cross between an academic and poetic style, which is interesting at first, but then you just feel like saying 'Get ON with it!' What...
Published on 31 Oct. 2009 by shpadoinkle

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Women Who Run With The Wolves: Contacting the Power of the Wild Woman (Classic Edition) (Paperback)
Wonderful and Insightful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear am I the only one!, 29 Dec. 2013
Having read all the pseudo feminist clap trap about how great this is I bought it to read. I'm a psychologist so acquainted with the theories and models inherent within the book. What I became impatient with was all the pseudo feminine power claptrap. I get so fed up with women feeling the need to "empower" themselves etc. How insecure it makes us seem that we have to constantly find reasons to reach for the so called wild women inside. What about the wild person . I would have liked an explanation regarding what it is exactly since the inherent human (no mammalian) need to keep touch with our wild side is NOT a female need or imperative but a need for all living creatures. It becomes therefore a gimic to direct it to the eagerly awaiting female readership.I would also argue that most women are in contact with the wild as women can be as vicious as a she wolf if we would be honest enough to admit it . I find it pathetic to say that all daughters should be encouraged to read this. It's the old 'them and us' stance again. If all humans maintained their respect and links to the wild mammalian creatures that we are and accept how bad and vicious that makes us at times weather male or female we would increase the respect for all creatures and possibly not wish to continue our attempts to obliterate each other in wars etc. Wolf packs are very territorial, yet although the scapegoat they kill for meat and territory like most humans at war. We 'clever' apes have also become a bit warped and kill for more psychological reasons and that includes many many women. All mankind needs to reach the wild within and do away with the human need to destroy for psychological need and that includes rising above the need to do it for so called reasons of faith or possession . Mother nature is a wiley old bird and possessional /sex drives still rule us . Female instincts to nurture make us kid ourselves that we are the caring sex. Crap , male and female are essentially the same and ruled by drives mainly sex and survival. There's nothing wilder that seeing a female human fighting to keep her mate or protect her young . We humans are too superior or we think we are . Try feeling superior in the wilderness surrounded by real wolves/bears! Intelligence is relative . It's about time women stopped feeling the need to separate themselves as something special and men stopped doing the same for different reasons. Humans are humans the world over and our todrives will always remain the same. The book should have been about contacting the power of the wild human but I suspect strongly that it would not have sold as well. Feminism just like any other segregating dogma increases the possibility of making people feel supported and marginalises others . I found the book rather boring and very pretentious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Nov. 2014
Loved this book. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars inside every woman is a wild landscape, 22 Dec. 2012
....and Clarissa helps you find it. I used to have a phobia of expansive maps in old atlases and barking dogs. I also used to have dark man / chasing dog dreams which unsettled me. After reading 'wolves', it was all over because I understood why. This is a treasure trove for women who love to root-shoot the earth and wish to discover more about life's shadow depths. Be prepared to take your time to read it. I needed six months - pausing to ruminate and digest. It's one of the few books on my shelf filled with highlights and notes. There is much to learn. An irreplaceable gift.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 18 April 2012
But I suppose it might be ok for some people. I don't like her style. She writes with professional (psychiatric) and Jungian terms. I like people that write for everyone to read and not only for intellectuals...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Nov. 2014