5.0 out of 5 stars A shift in perspective

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read but not as uplifting as his others
Published 7 months ago by Rosie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A shift in perspective, 27 Sept. 2001
This book is exciting as it marries scientific research with ancient wisdom. To some people, who have had no contact with ancient wisdom, that could be irrelevant and it is the scientific approach that will grab them. To science-only enthusiasts it will maybe open their minds to new thoughts on a very insiduous and deep-set attitude on the whole question of ageing. To people who are familiar with ancient wisdom it will come as no surprise that we have the inner power to make all sorts of changes to our life by taking up the "ability to respond" i.e.responsability for our lives. I should love all OAPs to be presented with this book at Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most important book I've ever read!, 30 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: A Practical Alternative To Growing Old (Paperback)
This marvellous book has inspired me, at the deepest level (down to the DNA of every cell in my body), to understand that my mind is in danger of accepting the normal ageing process but that there is an alternative. Simply think and act younger and, whilst I won't live eternally, at least I'll lead a more active and fulfilling life. I was particularly impressed by the information about the group of people from an old people's home who commenced a regime of weight training and noticeably increased their muscle mass in a short period of time. They were aged from 87 to 94!

I'm a golf pro who was in danger of accepting that my game was going downhill and that it was 'par for the course' as I was nearing my 60th birthday. A few months after reading the book I'm enjoying better ball stricking and better scores thanks to my new attitude.

There are so many jewels of information in this book that they are too many to list here. Just buy it, read it with an open mind and you will be as impressed as me, I'm sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars To understand your immortal nature..., 18 Feb. 2010
In this wonderful book (a must!), Deepak Chopra explains in a very understandable way and from A to Z, the difference between growing old and growing sick, being the last one, the accepted condition in our Western cultures for anyone over 45 years old, but amazingly, this does not have to be... it's actually a matter of awareness! biological age depends on psychological age he says, implying that knowledge of true nature is essential to overcome the fear and sorrow feelings that are really responsible for our cells' inability at a certain point of age (beginning at around 30 years old) to rejuvenate themselves; "the habit of fear has sunk so deep that the body remembers to carry it out, even when the mind is resisting with all its might".

We are not these bodies, but the thoughts that create it and those ones come from the Field... and it is right here where this book grows interesting; unity is what we should always aim for. Our physical world and our inner world (quantum) are closely related, forming the unity that gives consistency to the world we perceive, but perception is reality and ours is conditioned to think we are trapped in time and space so, we grow old and die because we expect that. We interpret that as the end, while it is really transformation. The moment we understand that the nature of our awareness is timeless, this process of growing old can stop and even reverse. It's our unique capacity of consciousness among all living creatures, which gives us this possibility.

After reading this book, I can also see, that in a couple hundred years from now, many aspects of our Western, modern medicine, will be seen as not very different to that from the middle ages in our eyes today... a wonderful read that will give you a completely different view of life, death, health, sickness, aging, healing and eternity. A tool, more than a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forward to a fabulous old age!, 11 Jun. 2001
By A Customer
This book considers human ageing as an aspect over which we have much positive (and negative)control. Revelations of extensive research into mental and physical aging processes, and the positive outcomes of intervention on the simplest of levels argue strongly that we all have the power to grow wise, healthy, strong and respected.
I have enjoyed this book tremendously. Readable, to the point and practical, there is much to absorb yet so little to do in a real sense. I was already looking forward to a ripe old age, now I feel empowered to develop the path to a fabulous old age!

5.0 out of 5 stars OPEN YOUR MIND!, 6 Feb. 2012
"AGELESS BODY, TIMELESS MIND" IS A FASCINATING, MIND-OPENING INSIGHT INTO THE AGING PROCESS. DEEPAK CHOPRA OFFERS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY OF APPROACHING AGING, FAR BEYOND THE MESSAGE CURRENTLY PERPETUATED IN OUR CULTURE. COMBINING AGE OLD WISDOM AND SCIENCE, THIS BOOK IS LIFE-CHANGING.

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring book on mind & body, 31 Jan. 1999
By A Customer
An inspiring book on mind & body When I first read the book, I could not put it down. My only adverse comments are that the brilliant supporting researches which are quoted in the book could have been referenced similar to a research publication. Then it could gain creditibility with the medical and scientific community. Neverthless it is a great book for liberating people abilities. Well written and a joy to read. --This text refers to the paperback edition of this title

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Deepak: everything we need to know, concisely set out., 11 Oct. 2009
This book is a revelation. It contains all the info, as up to date as it could be at the time of writing, about the mind/body and is based on relevant research. It is not a spiritual book as such because it deals with facts (in the main) but it brings together science and 'spiritual' ideas in a way that should be totally acceptable to those who do not consider themselves on a 'spiritual' path.

Read and take on board this information and you will not be disappointed. All of my family and friends will get a copy for Xmas. 10 STARS.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing 'must' read., 6 Aug. 2010
This is just one of a number of publications by Deepak Chopra, and arguably,(for me), the best!
I had no idea I was begining to learn about 'spiritualism' when I started reading these books, but it really doesn't matter if you're religious or not - or which religion you might prefer. This book is universal in my view and a real eye opener and life changer.

Really? For me, and others that have read this most certainly 'YES'!

Why? Just one example is that this book has stopped me thinking in a linear fashion about my age and ageing. This alone has helped me to stop fussing over getting older and in addition worrying about the past...and the future. By focusing on the 'here and now'! Sounds simple and the beauty of this and other books by Deepak Chopra and a number of other exponents of 'self - healing', 'self- development', is that the methods are easy and achievable to all with the ability to open their mind, clear their mind and want to improve their emotional and physical health.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read but not as uplifting as his others, 1 July 2014
I did find this very interesting especially from the medical point of view although some of the accounts of experiments on animals - particularly subjecting them to stress - were distressing. We all know stress is prejudicial to health and meditation is certainly one of the answers. I didn't find this book as easy to read as some of Deepak's others which have always left me feeling uplifted and which I have read over and over. I'm afraid an ageless body is not a realistic aim.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, outstanding, 16 May 2011
So much made sense, very practical - don't be put off by some of the, what seemed sometimes, bit heavy reading as it was sooooo worthwhile. The experiment explained about the middle of the book was actually redone in recent years - with the same and amazing results. So keep young in mind, body and spirit!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: A Practical Alternative To Growing Old
Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: A Practical Alternative To Growing Old by Dr Deepak Chopra (Paperback - 7 Feb. 2008)