on 16 December 2013
Right, so, bought this for my mum who is retiring in February when she reaches 60. she is still very active and I had planned on this being a bit of a bucket list type guide to fun things she could be doing.

which, for the most part, it is.

However, there's whole section on preparing yourself for the fact that you are going to die. and soon.

Sunny tips such as 'why not pick which hymns you want to be played at your funeral', and 'make sure you leave your will somewhere easy to find'. Not to mention the wonderfully cheery 'have a think whether you want something funny or serious on your tombstone'.

honestly, those tips are all in there.

I had intended this to a be a cheery book about new beginnings. I was wrapping xmas presents the other day and just chanced upon this section, and I am so glad I did. it would have really upset my mum and I am so glad I spotted it.

appalling stuff.
on 17 March 2012
A brilliant book I bought to add to a fun box I am creating for a friends retiremnet. A refreshing way to look at retirement and get some fun from it
on 26 June 2013
I bought this as a little gift for a retiring colleague and it went down like a storm. A fun little book with lots of tips and ideas on how to survive life after work and to make the most of your retirement.
on 13 October 2013
The publicity isn't clear how clearly female-oriented this book is. I bought it as a gift for a male friend and had to send it back.
on 14 June 2012
Lots of tips and ideas. A must have for anyone retiring or worrying about being redundant. If you follow the book, you will never have time to get bored. In fact how did I ever have the time to go to work!
on 19 July 2016
This wasn't at all what I expected - clearly I had not read the preview carefully enough. I thought it would be a book discussing options in some detail instead of which it is just a lot of 'one liners' e.g. 'You can't stop looking older, but you can make the most of what you've got' or ' A dream is a wish your heart makes' (Walt Disney). I'm not saying there are not words of wisdom in the book, many of them from well-known names, but a lot of them seem flippant and maybe even irritating.
on 4 March 2013
I bought this for a colleague but had a little flick through it before I gave her it. it's brilliant! Even before you retire ,,,,,!!!!!
on 29 December 2013
I bought this for a friend who was retiring. The content was mainly applicable to women as was indicated by the cover. A very useful and amusing book for any woman reaching retirement.
on 29 August 2012
There is no way I could give this book as a gift which I intended! It contains a load of sanctimonious rubbish. My friend would be insulted.
on 13 October 2014
Bought this for my good friend who left our business to emigrate. Even though she wasn't retiring, there are some great quotes and funny things to do, that are still relative to leaving a job.