on 20 January 2011
got this as a birthday present and they are absolutely lovely!! 20 cards with 4 different recipes/designs: vanilla cupcakes, strawberry cheesecake cupcakes, lavender, marshmallow. the recipes for the frostings are also all different so you actually get 4 different recipes. the envelopes are in the pink shade of the tin, and the inside of the envelope is very dark purple, almost black (like the font on the side of the tin), which makes them look somewhat sophisticated. the tin is lovely, will make a sweet keepsake to keep cupcake cases and decorations after i use all the cards. good quality and original, the photos are lovely and yummy and when you send it to someone, it's a card and a gift, meaning that you are sending them a gift (the recipe) as well. it's also a good complement or even a 'trailer' for the book if you are not sure about it. it certainly makes me want to get the book now :) very happy with my pressie!!
on 12 April 2011
Inside the pink tin you will find 20 Notecards (4 designs: Vanilla, Marshmallow, Strawberry Cheesecake and Lavender Cupcakes). Each card has a photo of the cupcake on the front, the inside of the card is blank and the recipe of the cupcake on the back. There are also 20 pink envelopes that are a lovely shade of brown in the inside.
The quality of the image and the type of paper used is a good standard. There is plenty of room to write in the inside of the card. A really good purchase :)
on 4 June 2011
I really like these cards and are great for giving to people for birthdays without looking cheap ( I have lots of relatives and cards cost me heaps!!). They love the recipe on the back of each one! The only thing I could say is that the tin was smaller than I expected. But that was me not reading the dimensions really!
on 2 September 2011
Such clever idea, not only a colourful note card but also a recipe for some of the most delicious cup-cakes I've ever tasted. All my friends that I have sent them to are delighted also.
on 5 October 2009
I bought these as a gift as I have the recipe book and really like it. On the positive side, the cards contain a good selection of recipes and the tin is lovely. However the quality of the card used is not great, they feel a bit cheap and the photos dont look as glossy and inviting as they would if they had been produced on better quality card. It's a shame.
0Comment9 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 12 March 2010
I bought these for myself as writing lots of 'thank you's' after a big fundraising event and wanted something a bit different.

There are lots of cards (maybe 20?) and so this price represents really good value. The tin is beautiful - the Hummingbird pink colour - with a picture of the vanilla cupcakes with sprinkles on the top, and so makes a nice keepsake for bits and pieces.

Each card has a lovely photo on the front, and a recipe on the back, varying from Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes, to Lavender Cupcakes, to my absolute favourite, Marshmallow Cupcakes. There are maybe 4 or 5 different recipes. I personally thought they were excellent quality and come with really nice good quality pink envelopes too.

I have had lots of people come back to me and say how lovely they thought the cards were and where did I get them - and what a good idea to have a recipe on the back too - it also means people are more likely to 'keep' the card rather than look at it for a week and then bin it. Personally I would be delighted to receive this tin as a gift and in fact have gone on to buy the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook :-D

My husband will love me but don't think my waistline will!