4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book
This is an excellent book for beginners to learn about wine. By the end of reading the 20 chapters (well the authour called it 'projects'), you will have gain some insights and basic knowledge about
(a) The wine tools- How to taste,How to drink,How to learn
(b) The factors for good wine - Grapes varieties,The role of natural world to the human role.
(c)...
Published on 22 Feb. 2009 by Cjx

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice pictures but small contents
Published on 14 May 2009 by Teo

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 22 Feb. 2009
(a) The wine tools- How to taste,How to drink,How to learn
(c) Geography! Here it is the wine production areas around the world

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for novices, 15 May 2013
This review is from: Andrew Jefford's Wine Course (Hardcover)
Andrew Jefford's wine course is a very instructional book for wine novices such as myself. I shall feel much more confident next time I go and buy some wine at a restaurant or on holiday. The book has lovely photographs and the final section of the book on 'journeys' just makes you want to pack a suitcase and go off travelling to enjoy some wonderful wine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice pictures but small contents, 14 May 2009
This review is from: Andrew Jefford's Wine Course (Hardcover)
I was back from Tuscany with an italian wine compact book, "Vini" by "Guide Compact De Agostini" and I got so much involved in wines thanks to this simple book that wanted to select a few more wine books. I was very attracted by the nice reviews of this book but I must say I am very disappointed. There are a lot of nice pictures and pictoresque desciption about how to taste and select wine, about several fundamental vinegrapes and many hints regarding how to drink and to match with food, but eventually I cannot say I am able to remember if Chardonney is smelling more peach than Cabernet or Pinot Noir. The history of the wine as well as wine region or wine qualities is summarized too much and depicted like a sort of philosophical metaphora of understanding. That I did not get, I am sorry.

Andrew Jefford's Wine Course
Andrew Jefford's Wine Course by Andrew Jefford (Hardcover - 7 Sept. 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01