5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!!!!!!
This is a lovely little book, full of the most gorgeous recipies. The food is delicious and can be made as a full meal or snacks. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.
Published on 1 May 2008 by S. Lambert

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, but ...
Beautiful book, but .... have tried out several recipes and unless you can eat them immediately they lose quality. As many of the ingredients are reasonably expensive then be prepared to stand and cook leaving the joy of eating the products to others. While the results are good you need an excellent extractor fan or cook outside. The plusses only just outweigh the...
Published on 22 Nov 2011 by topcat554

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!!!!!!, 1 May 2008
This review is from: Tapas: Delicious Little Dishes from Spain (Cookery) (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous little book!!, 29 Mar 2010
S. Louden "LoveMyFood" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is a great little book with really easy to follow recipes and simple ingredients. I've tried quite a few of the recipes now and they've all worked out well. It's also easy to do a tapas night as so many of the dishes can be prepared in advance or left to marinade and just be cooked at the last minute. The book is cute and colourful - it would be a nice little gift or is just nice to have on your shelf!
Ones to try for sure: Patatas Bravas (Potatoes in tomato sauce, mmmtastic!), Chorizo al vino (Chorizo in red wine - works out like restaurant quality!) and Queso Frito (Manchego cheese fried in breadcrumbs - totally delicious!)
Hope this helps!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wee Tapas Book!, 7 July 2009
Jinglais (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This book is crammed full of recipes that are easy to follow. It may take a while to get the basic ingredients in the cupboard, but once you get going the book has all the key/best tapas dishes.
I'm really pleased I chose this one over the others I saw on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgous pictures & great cookery book, 26 Aug 2011
Delightful book, arrived promptly soon after ordering. Pictures and tapas recipe ideas are great and give you sense of being in Spain. Book is small compact and is case of nicest things arriving in small packages. Was a gift for someone and am very pleased with purchase. I would mention that print on recipes isn't huge, so very short sighted people might struggle, just a little, but wasn't problem for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars tapas delicious little dishes from Spain, 30 Dec 2010
This book was much smaller than I expected but on reflection will be perfect for taking to and from Spain where I can use it to cook up meals using authentic ingredients. It has all the main tapas dishes, instructions are clear and easy to follow and the results are delicious and taste just as you might hope - better even! my partner said that the albondigas were better than at La Tasca where we always enjoy the gastronomic 'trip back to Andalusia' It generally uses ingredients which are easy either to find in the UK or to improvise and use something similar. Well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfectly formed, 29 May 2012
F. G. Lelliott (England) - See all my reviews
Simple, delicious recipes in a book that comfortably fits on any work-surface, what more could you ask for?

I have tried a few of the recipes now and the spinach, pine nut & raisin dish is a firm favourite in our house, usually served with oven-baked salmon.

What more could I ask for? Volume 2 please!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tapas - a new experience, 28 Mar 2012
Valerie Byrne "Blue Bus" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is a brilliant recipe book and a total "must have" if you are going to start putting tapas on the table at home! We've tried lots of recipes from the book and each one is as good as the last. Great fun cooking!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Small, but delicious, 26 April 2009
Julie Cutler - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Ok -it's a tiny book, as as I'm only interested in the vegetarian part (as it's mediterranean cooking most of these are actually vegan too), that just leaves me with 14 out of 28. Even some of these have meaty bits to leave out. I decided to experiment with tapas, because I've cut down on what I eat, and tapas recipes do give you a small, satisfying, flavour-rich munch which is quickly prepared to lighten up the end of your day.

But! This book is is quite impressive for all that. There's no explanation of the ingredients, so you're on your own. The most fabulous discovery I made from this book was smoked paprika- it is a phenomenal tasting ingredient- coming in 3 types- sweet, bitter and hot, I managed to find some in a nice tin on the Sainsbury's Special Selection shelves- there is no worthwhile substitute.

For you're delight, I've road tested a handful of recipes.
Spanish omelette/tortilla- this had the best instructions for making a thick omelette I have ever come across. Make sure the small pan is very hot first, so you sear the bottom of the omelette to stop it sticking, and then turn down the heat to cook through the wodge of egg thoroughly. It turned out whole, and for once wasn't soggy the next day.

Patatas bravas- I wasn't so keen on this version. I thought the use of a sprinkling of orange zest was inventive if not to my taste. I couldn't see why they specified half a small tin of tomatoes- surely one tomato would be less wasteful and taste better. Other recipes also suggest using tinned beans- I'm not Delia Smith- I think tinned beans are slimy and bland. In fact, having had several disappointments, I only cook ORGANIC beans from fresh- in this case there really is an extreme improvement in taste. I felt that they could have at least worked out the alternative measurements.

Aubergine cheese fritters- a sandwich of aubergines and cheese held together with a cocktail stick and deep fried - just didn't work and was really hard to construct.

Marinated peppers- worked extremely well, pregrilled peppers dowsed in a heated herby vinaigrette with capers. Delicious both as an instant food and chilled overnight as per the recipe.

Pinchos- bottled white asparagus pate on toast- I have decided that white asparagus is not for me. Green Giant do some if you want to disprove me.

Fried Manchego cheese- mmmmmmmmmmm. Brilliant with membrillo (quince paste).

Salted almonds- which are "deep" fried in olive oil- I wasn't using top notch almonds and I didn't skin them myself so their flavour was a little bland- also at that time I hadn't sourced the smoked paprika so I used chilli flakes. Worth another go.

Based on my sample of recipes, this passed as a book to keep and reliable enough to always give you something to eat which was well thought out, and occasionally meals that are utterly stunning. I'm sure the meaties will find something good as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pocket book, but very good., 6 Mar 2010
A. Mullin (UK) - See all my reviews
Should have read the reviews more thoroughly as I didn't realise it was a pocket book. But that didnt matter as eventhough there arent as many recipes as some books ive seen the book is packed full of quality ones. Its a great book if you want to start getting into tapas and you cant complain with the low price. Nicely laid out book with fantastic pictures. Great buy!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little book about Spanish tapas., 18 Mar 2012
Great little book about Spanish tapas. Short but highlights most of the best of Spanish dining, and how to create these recipes yourself. Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Tapas: Delicious Little Dishes from Spain (Cookery)
Tapas: Delicious Little Dishes from Spain (Cookery) by Various (Hardcover - 1 Mar 2007)
5.24