5.0 out of 5 stars clears the mind!
Published on 20 Aug 2003 by debborahall

3.0 out of 5 stars presentation is everything, but where's the substance?
Published on 2 Feb 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars clears the mind!, 20 Aug 2003
This review is from: The Wedding Planner (Hardcover)
This book is beautifully presented, and makes you feel special just by looking at it! Apart from that, it is comprehensive yet simple to use, and covers everything in a down to earth fashion. The gift list she suggests is particularly useful - even when you've been living by yourself for years and you think you don't need any household items (like me!), it makes you realise all of the special things you would never buy for yourself but make lovely useful momentoes of your special day. Above all, you get the feeling that Swinson is really on your side, and I felt more empowered to arrange everything as I wanted after reading this book, as the clear layout clarifies your thoughts and gives you extra confidence.
The photos in the book are also beautiful and each photo carries Swinson's own annotation, explaining why she included the photo as an example. Covering everything from dress styles to families getting together before the big day, to wording of invitations and an essential guest list record (to tick off who has sent you a reply, who has sent a gift, and if you've sent a thankyou! With lots of space), this book is lovely, practical, clear and a beautiful momento to have a special place in your memory box - I am sure I will cherish mine in years to come.

3.0 out of 5 stars presentation is everything, but where's the substance?, 2 Feb 2005
This review is from: The Wedding Planner (Hardcover)
This is a pretty book, lots of pictures of bows and posies and all things nice. But if you really need help in organising the day then the much cheaper 'Planning your Wedding'(a step by step guide) by Lynda Wright, does just what it says on the cover. That one is much more detailed and concrete in its advice and leaves nothing out. I was slightly disappointed by The Wedding Planner, and can't quite understand the rave reviews, although I can see its value as a sentimental memento of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the purchase!, 13 Jan 2003
This review is from: The Wedding Planner (Hardcover)
I came upon this book after I was advised by a friend that I needed to buy myself a wedding planner. At the time I didn't really think that I would use it, but it might prove to be a nice reminder of the day.
As an added bonus I've found that this is the most useful tool any bride to be can have for keeping themselves in order, it is full of comprehensive information, advice and checklists as well as a handy supplier index.
If you haven't already decided to buy it, then do it now, I promise you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wedding planner with beautiful design, 11 Mar 2004
This review is from: The Wedding Planner (Hardcover)
This book was way above expectations. Contents useful, especially beautiful and inspiring photographs giving that extra touch to the book. Good & useful hints throughout the planning process. Beautiful layout, spiral-bound hardback, "pockets" for each chapter to keep notes etc. in. Nice enough to keep for memory after the wedding even.
Highly recommendable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Item for any Birde-To-Be, 24 Jan 2002
This review is from: The Wedding Planner (Hardcover)
When I received a copy of Antonia Swinson's 'The Wedding Planner' in the post, accompanied with a sentimental note from my mother, I couldn't help thinking how soppy and OTT it all was.
However, once I opened the pages I couldn't help but become absorbed by it. It has everything you need! With sections for Stationery, Planning, Wedding Day, Gift List and Honeymoon, to name but a few, it manages to make even the scattiest bride organised.
The book boasts an up to date directory at the back that has everything from dresses to cakes to favours. I found my cake supplier and my wedding dress, by using this book!
Each section has a handy pocket, essential for those post-it notes, handy telephone numbers and swatches of fabric.
There are also blank pages on which to write your thoughts and, dare I say it, stresses! These shall soon become treasured memories and, hopefully (!), even the stressful ramblings shall be looked back on with great affection.
Along with the copious notes pages, which have been invaluable, there are pages on traditional and contemporary wedding etiquette, helpful ideas and inspiring full colour photographs of real weddings.
It really is a must-have item, for any bride-to-be! Buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Keepsake Of A Fantastic Day, 31 Aug 2005
This review is from: The Wedding Planner (Hardcover)
I bought this when planning mine and my husbands :-) wedding and it really is excellent. The best thing about it is the pockets to keep things in, invoices bits of fabric e.t.c. There is also a really useful supplier directory at the end which helped me find suppliers for tiaras, favours e.t.c.
I would recommend this as a bit of wedding luxury :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy yet in planning my wedding!, 1 July 2004
This review is from: The Wedding Planner (Hardcover)
This book is not only beautifully presented but packed full of useful hints and tips. It also has practical space for you to write in information and store some of those little nik naks you may wish to keep as momento's. I was so pleased with my copy I bought it for 3 friends who recently got engaged and they all love them to. Wonderful, beautiful and practical - what more could you want!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Essential for any Bride To Be, 22 Jan 2002
This review is from: The Wedding Planner (Hardcover)
I am getting married in September. My mother, who lives overseas, sent me this book in the post. She wanted me to note all the special moments that she was missing out on. At first, I thought this was over sentimental but it is now my Wedding Bible!
The book boasts handy pockets in each section, ideal for fabric swatches, leaflets, sketches and any paperwork. It also has an up to date directory at the back for everything from cakes to favours to dresses. In fact I have bought my actual dress from a supplier listed in the book! It has lots of handy hints, as well as the traditional and modern day wedding etiquette. Unlike a lot of these kinds of books, it also has a honeymoon section. It has lots of notes pages in each chapter - mine is now terribly cluttered with pasted in pictures of cakes and dresses and lots of "Dear Diary..." type rantings. I love it! With a ring binder spine, it's incredibly flexible and grows as you fill it up. It has a hard cover, which means it's not all dog eared and is held together nicely with an elasticated binder. Oops! I nearly forgot to mention the beautiful photography! Each part of the book is accompanied with lots of varied, full colour photographs of real weddings. They inspire you!
After my originally cynical view, I am a complete convert. It's also nice to know that it's something I can look back on with affection in years to come. Every bride should have this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The wedding planner - Literally!, 8 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Wedding Planner (Spiral-bound)
An outstanding product! A book/organiser! The book is divided into sub-sections breaking down the whole wedding process, in each section there is theory and tips and absolutely lovely visual illustrations (easy to understand and read) with pockets in each section (great for putting your own notes/articles/pictures etc.) Recommend for those on the run/in the process, who do not need the whole theory from A-Z in 100s of pages when you have small articles, bullet points and plenty of reminders for the big day all in this Wedding Planner.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent gift, 23 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Wedding Planner (Spiral-bound)
This was given to our neice on her engagement day . she was very pleased as was her partner, they said that it would help them a lot, every thing was in one place,and could be left on show as it looked very nice for all to see as well. They have started to use it allready and we believe it has taken a lot of the planning stress away. It is excellent and would recomend to anyone who are thinking of getting married roy.

The Wedding Planner
The Wedding Planner by Antonia Swinson (Spiral-bound - 1 Feb 2006)
13.59