Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos

Format: HardcoverChange

on 3 April 2011
First of all, I want to say that this wasn't for me; it was a present for my mam on Mother's Day which my sister and I, bought for her. My mam had been so thrilled with this book as she had wanted it for a long time, well, ever since it came out, however when she started reading it she discovered that the contents were identical to the previous, CHEAPER book, Kate: The Making of a Princess, with the exception of the last chapter. What the hell? I really don't see the point of re-releasing, virtually, the same book, when it has nothing different about it! They were both in hardback too!

Other than that, my mam seemed quite happy with the actual book, so if you insist on buying the more expensive version, then sure, this is good too. However, I suggest that you save money and confusion by buying Kate: the Making of a Princess. :)
on 13 September 2012
I picked up this book in a charity shop for around £1 and it is in great condition. It was a promotional copy released by the Sunday Express, a British newspaper that is very pro monarchy.

The backcover states that this book is the "definitive biography of Britain's newest princess". But the book is just too short to back up this claim.

Much of the early chapters follow the accounts of Kate's ancestors from the early 19th century, just as Queen Victoria came to the throne, and up to recent times. This is interesting and well-written. The problem is that that there so many names (with at least five families) that it is sometimes a little hard to follow, though there is a family tree in the appendix.

This would be a good book for people learning English (like foreign students) who also want a brief introduction into recent British culture.

However, this is not a great in-depth anaysis of Kate Middleton as is Diana's Nightmare - The Family of Princess Diana. At just over 265 pages all we get is an introduction into Kate Middleton's family, how she met Prince William and the fact (spoiler ahead) that they married.

There will, I hope, be better books about Kate in the future. Let's hope they give us jucier details than this book. I can't wait to see the biography about Prince Harry: Viva Las Vegas! Royals and their sex lives: Why else do we have them unless we read about what they REALLY get up to?
on 1 August 2014
OMG, it was more about pedigree of Lady Idleton than her life but easy peasy read for 2 hours on the beach
on 30 May 2014
Excellent product, prompt delivery
on 5 January 2012
This book has a good story to it. Perfect for a cosy night in and keeps you interested right to the end, would highly recommend
on 13 July 2013
This is a great book about my family , as Kate Middleton is my cousin believe or not , and yes I've met Claudia Joseph , a few things do need changing in about my family , but on the whole a very enjoyable read .
0Comment2 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 July 2015