Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: PaperbackChange

on 2 December 2008
I went to Jackie's book signing in Warwick and introduced myself to him and his biographer, and I found Jackie a light hearted man of great wit. It was great talking to him, and listening to his very candid comments abour Count Zedbits Randy's one time business manager,so called. From 1951 to 1966 thw love Jackie had for Randy his brother never waivered. Randy's death floored Jackie and Jackie never believed it was suicide. Jackie is the last of the Turpins, and the things he has recalled in his book are refreshing and he sts many points straight. i.e. how Randy got the name liker. Most of Randy's friends and family are now gone in death. Mosh Mancine,Brother Dick,Joan, Chathy George Middleton. Not forgetting Jackie's wife, who he loved so intensly and Randy's mum. Rest in deaths sleep, It's a privlidge to walk a mile in your shoes,and use empathy and feel what you do.
on 8 April 2014
As I'm going to be the first commenter who hasn't met Jack Turpin personally I must say that this book would be still interesting to you even if you haven't met him as well.

Although it might be not if you have no interest in boxing and pre- and post-war Britain.
on 22 March 2013
Brought for my father as my grandfather was mentioned in it as he trained Jackie, Richard and Randolf. My father was 10 when Randolf was World champion and used to drop the medicin ball on Randolfs middle to strenghten his abbs.
on 20 August 2015
Having known the family as neighbours', found the book interesting.
on 29 August 2015
Excellent Service & Book Thank You.
on 17 December 2005
I know Jackie and I know how dedeicated he has been to boxing all his life.This is a great read and shows how tough the sport has always been.
Well Done Jackie
Danny Hague
0Comment5 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse