Published on 19 April 2010 by Jane Bytheway

1.0 out of 5 stars What a bunch of nonsense.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming is an all-but-completely discredited bunch of pseudo-scientific horse muck. Surely it's fraudulent to suggest that "techniques" described in this book have even the slightest bearing on the Neurological System of Child or Parent?

"NLP" is simply a commercialised non-science with a fancy name to give an heir of credibility. Along...
Published on 27 Dec. 2012 by Paul

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical ideas. Easy to use. A must-have for all parents and carers!, 19 April 2010
Jane Bytheway (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy Kids Happy You: Using NLP to Bring Out the Best in Ourselves and the Children We Care for (Paperback)
A really useful guide for any parent or carer - not only does it support us in building positive relationships with the children in our lives, but also encourages us to take good care of ourselves, so that everyone feels happier and less stressed. The clock symbol is a really useful feature, as it indicates how long it is likely to take to understand and implement a particuar approach, and Section One is packed with 'quick wins' - most of them take just 2 minutes!

The techniques are very clearly explained, and I love the examples of `How this method worked for ...' with the varied situations in which people are using their new insights - it really highlights how flexible the approaches can be. And it is packed with useful tips that many an adult would find useful in ANY situation, not just with small children!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for parents, carers or anyone working with children, 2 Oct. 2009
This book is a guide to recognising the part we play in bringing up our children. Particularly, it acknowledges that even with all the best of intent, sometimes parenting can be frustrating and it is at those times we need to do something different. The book is presented in a way which makes it easy to dip into sections for simple, yet thought provoking tools and techniques to deal with particular areas of parent and child relationships. What I really liked about this book, is that it is thoroughly enjoyable whether you're a Master Practitioner in NLP or know nothing about it. Each section of the book is supported by examples of situations that parents can easily recognise and isn't like those TV programmes where some expert 'nanny knows best', this puts you as the expert with your child to create win-win scenarios.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful techniques that really work., 19 July 2014
I don't know anything about NLP. All I know is that the ideas laid out in this book just make sense and more importantly, they just work! I cannot recommend this book enough. The battles with my two yr old who has discovered the ability to say no to everything from nappy changes to getting into the car seat to going to bed have reduced considerably. The examples are great and help to really understand the multitude of ways these techniques can be used.

5.0 out of 5 stars It makes SO much sense!, 7 April 2011
This book is Amazing. I'm an NLP Practionioner so knew lots about NLP before reading it. However, I feel it would be just as accessible to those with no NLP knowledge or background. The ideas and activities are SO thought provoking and make SO much sense! I love the way that it has lots of ideas for keeping you as the adult sane as well as lots of ideas for interacting better with the child you are caring for/working with. 150% recommended x

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic help, 9 Dec. 2013
I bought this book for my son and daughter in law before their baby was born. They read a chapter a day and found it easy to grasp and could readily see how changes in the way they will interact with their son will make life easier and happier all round.
As a Master Practitioner of NLP I really endorse this book, it's excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book - Happy Kids Happy You, 26 Aug. 2012
Mr. W. Chamberlain "Bill C" (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
The book arrived sooner than expected and in good condition. Having just become an NLP Practitioner I was interested to see if this book was able to pass on valuable tips to parents. It does this in a fairly straightforward way

5.0 out of 5 stars Great principles to follow, 15 Mar. 2013
David Dodd - See all my reviews
Only just started to read this and the principles are already helping. The tellings off in our house are right down, life is getting easier but you do have to work at it and make the effort to get the benefits

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone's a winner with this book, 16 Jan. 2012
J. K. Cook (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
Wish I'd had this book when my children were younger! Full of practical, positive, and most of all effective ideas on how to make the most of family life through better communication and strategies for child-rearing that really work. I am involved in delivering training courses to help people support parents to make positive changes and find their own solutions to family issues, and recommend this book to other parents and trainers as a great resource - accessible, encouraging and written by someone who has the life experience and passion for her subject matter that will inspire any reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for everyone involved with children, 15 May 2010
H. H. JP "HH" (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is a fantastic introduction to the use of NLP when dealing with children (either your own or someone else's)

Perfect for parents, family, child care practitioners and teachers. A clear and simple description of how NLP can be

used to manage children's behaviour a definite 'must have' for everyone living and working with children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful tips., 17 Jan. 2013
Written very simply and with practical suggestions for application. Very encouraging and will be very useful. Would recommend to anyone with young children.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›