‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, 12 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Real Way Round: 1 year, 1 motorcycle, 1 man, 6 continents, 35 countries, 42,000 miles, 9 oil changes, 3 sets of tyres, and loads more ... (Hardcover)
Let me start by explaining why I've given this 5 stars; I don't particularly like motorbikes, I haven't travelled extensively and, if I'm honest, I don't normally enjoy reading very much! Yet despite all this, I found this book captivating!

It was recommended by a friend and I originally bought this as a present for my brother (who does tick all the boxes I don't!). Upon receiving it however, I started flicking through it and got reading. I found it a simple, easy-to-read guide to what embarking on a monstrous journey like this might entail. Jonathan, or Jon as I know feel I could call him, goes to great lengths to break this trip down to be a genuine help to anyone planning such and endeavour.

The bit that got me hooked though was the personal angle from which it was written. It is, without doubt, a great guide for anyone considering biking anywhere around the world, but it is also a collection of memories, stories and anecdotes from the likeable author who I like to think isn't a writer by nature. I found myself sharing the various highs and lows with him which I think is the mark of any good writer.

I don't write reviews often, I believe people should make up their own minds on things (who really cares what I think!) but in this example I felt compelled to share my experience because against all odds for me, it is a great read. I also found myself on the Amazon website again looking to order another copy for my brother at long last...

5.0 out of 5 stars True inspiration, 3 Sept. 2013
If you ever had a dream of traveling the world, after reading this book you will be out of the door and on your way to fulfil your dream. Jonathan takes you on a real journey with breathtaking pictures, down to earth narrative and unexpected turns and twists in the route which make this book a fantastic read, a comprehensive guide and that push you needed to do it yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 12 Sept. 2013
Like some of the other reviewers I'm not a biker but was recommended it.

To begin with, I just dipped in and out of it but then started to read it. This made me go to the beginning and read it from cover to cover and I'm so glad I did. What a fantastic read. Feel as though I've been on the journey too. The photo's are amazing. Would certainly recommend it to anybody who wants to be inspired,interested in travel, likes riding bikes and looking at good photographs.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Way Round, 29 Nov. 2013
A really great, entertaining, matter of fact read that answers the questions most would ask if planning a similar trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb photos and great advice, 14 July 2013
I don't ride a bike but love travel. This is an incredible feat and a highly entertaining description of how to get round the world with great tips and insight into each country. Best of all are the photos, in particular those of the old eastern bloc countries simply because they cover a part of the world most western tourists never to get to see as travellers or in the media. Highly recommended and great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book!, 27 Sept. 2013
The pictures and the information are fantastic.
Really have enjoyed it. If you haven't got the time to make the trip yourself, you can experience it from the comfort of your armchair!
Jon has a very good eye for taking the unusual shot - I'd buy it for the pictures alone!
Well done that man! What a great ride!!

Would make a great Christmas present I reckon!

Rocket Ron

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality book, 23 Jun. 2013
Bought this for father's day and he loved it. A llot of book for £20 (I paid £24 and still very happy), beautiful photos from each country, people, landscape, vehicles etc - this book isn't just about the bike he is travelling on. Its a cultural snapshot of the world with some bike stories thrown in - fabulous. Makes a great present as such good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Good Read, 20 Oct. 2013
A really good read, which takes one on a journey around the globe. I shall read it over and over again and make a list of the places I would now like to visit. (and start saving up) The colourful layout and personal text is full of interesting information and achievement without being patronising, to the less adventurous of us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating read, 15 Oct. 2013
From front to back this is a brilliant read. Travelling around the world in such a way is something that loads of people dream of doing and never get the chance. Fair play to Jonathan for realising his dreams and then giving the rest of us a chance to share the adventure. Thoroughly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good on face value - will post more after its been opened for Xmas, 15 Dec. 2014
Mrs. M. Wright (England) - See all my reviews
This was a xmas present for my husband, at his request, it was quite expensive for a book, its still in celophane so can't open it but looks very good and came well boxed to protect it. Will post later when I have his comments as to content and value for money

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›