5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read
A heart-warming, funny and true story about a very unlikely pairing: a man who doesn't really like dogs ends up taking an abandoned bull terrier puppy into his home. Despite the man's best efforts to the contrary, he becomes very fond of the little dog and all its behavioural quirks. The book could have been called "How I became a dog lover".

A really enjoyable...
Published on 21 Jan 2010 by S. J. Wentworth

3.0 out of 5 stars Winston
Similar to so many doggie stories - a light read, enjoyable but nothing to remember.
Published on 21 Jan 2010 by M. Maeve

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 21 Jan 2010
S. J. Wentworth (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Winston . . . the dog who changed my life. (Hardcover)

A really enjoyable read, with a useful reference section for owners wanting to understand more about their canine companions. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Winston...... a book that could change your life!!, 15 Dec 2009
This review is from: Winston . . . the dog who changed my life. (Hardcover)
"The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be." This is a quote from Konrad Lorenz, found in the appendices of this excellent book.His words are still in my mind and sum up the feeling I was left with after reading the delightful book, "Winston....the dog that changed my life" from the new "Hubble and Hattie" series.Hilmar Klute has written an account of his life with Winston after unexpectedly becoming the owner of this abandoned puppy,opening up a new world for them both. It certainly gave me food for thought about the relationship between man and dog. An absolute must for potential dog owners everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Winston . . . the dog who changed my life. (Hardcover)
I am a true bull terrier owner,love the book it's def true about this breed,speedy delivery of book,great value for money,love the book

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift for the Hubby!, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Winston . . . the dog who changed my life. (Hardcover)
We are slowly collecting books with our beloved breed in them and this was a fabulous addition Many Thanks will be back for more if you have any different one to add to our collection!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Winston, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Winston . . . the dog who changed my life. (Hardcover)
Bought as a Father's Day present and came on time in suitable packaging and was very very happy with it......thankyou

5.0 out of 5 stars The look of this book attracted me straight away, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Winston . . . the dog who changed my life. (Hardcover)
Lovely looking book have not finished it yet but have enjoyed what I have read so far, anyone that has or loves the english bull terrier breed will certainly be able to relate to things in the story which in parts are very funny, had me laughing out loud at some points, would recommend anyone who enjoys light reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Winston . . . the dog who changed my life. (Hardcover)
I have an ebt and loved this book very heart warming highly reccommended to anyone both mine were rescues learn a lot about what it means to take one on

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Winston . . . the dog who changed my life. (Hardcover)
If your a English Bull Terrier owners this book is a must read. You will recognise Winston's behaviour and laugh

4.0 out of 5 stars winston, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Winston . . . the dog who changed my life. (Hardcover)
a realy nice story about a dog called winston made me think about a dog i used to have very qurky at times good sence of hummor

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Sweet Book....., 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Winston . . . the dog who changed my life. (Hardcover)
As a Bully owner myself I found this book charming and funny and I could totally identify with the author.

I highly recommend this, it's an easy read!

Winston . . . the dog who changed my life.
Winston . . . the dog who changed my life. by Hilmar Klute (Hardcover - 31 Oct 2009)
4.80