4.0 out of 5 stars Dreaming
I'll probably never buy a VW campervan, but if I did this is the book that I would want to take with me. It is packed with useful information and advice about what to look for. If you are seriously thinking about buying a "bus" this book could save you a pot of money.
Published on 24 Dec 2009 by Terence Bowen

3.0 out of 5 stars The buyers guide
If you want a book that provides pointers on buying a VW camper this will definately help, if you also want a history of all the models in detail then it is not, it does what it says on the tin and no more.
Published on 30 April 2009 by Lescol

4.0 out of 5 stars Dreaming, 24 Dec 2009
Terence Bowen (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VW Bus Buyers Guide - The Essential Buyer's Guide (Essential Buyer's Guide Series) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars VW Bus Buyers Guide, 6 Jan 2010
C. Ware - See all my reviews
Thinnish book but packed with useful information about pitfalls and what to look out for when buying a second hand VW. Gives you food for thought about whether things would be expensive to replace and all the little nooks and crannies to look it to find true wear and tear!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 20 Jan 2010
L. Varley - See all my reviews
I've owned a Beetle, but not a camper and this is a great little book for showing you what to look out for when looking to buy one. I wish I had one when I was going to buy my Beetle. Some of the information is a bit over my head (talking about specific engine parts etc), but thats nothing that a quick look through a manual wouldn't fix. I bought this book along with "How to keep your VW alive" and the two go really well together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential tips, 1 May 2013
On first receipt, the book seems light and small (about A5 size and about half cm thick). However, it does a good job of highlighting the essential things to look out for with good photos of rust and other potential problems. It provides the right balance to give you enough info to keep in your head when you go to look at a VW. Too much info would just be 'too much'. It recommends you take it and refer to it during a once over. However, many of us would feel that highlights us as a 'novice' in front of a vendor. Alternatively, ideal to review just before a viewing and again after before making a final decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars vw campervan book, 11 July 2009
Mr. R. A. Denmead "dodge" (Weston S Mare, UK) - See all my reviews
This a very imformative book and explains every thing and more you would want to know about VW camper vans before you buy one or not.For a small book its got alot of useful imformation,its one to have with you when you look at a van,first class.

5.0 out of 5 stars the Vdub fanatic, 28 Feb 2009
Marc Keeley - See all my reviews
This is a great book to buy as a starting point, if you're interested in buying a VW bus. It gave me all the neccessary credentials to come across as if I had years of experience with these vehicles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 3 Dec 2013
Have been looking for a bus for a while and having looked at a few with problems I thought I would do some homework. Glad I did..
This book was a great help in spotting some things I would not have seen and had problems with later on.
Nice section on the history of the bus too.

5.0 out of 5 stars very informative for vw buyers everywhere., 4 Sep 2013
I bought this book for reference as I have always been interested in vw's and was looking for more information on them ,
I found this book full of good advice ,
very helpful ,
seller recommended thanks .

5.0 out of 5 stars The must have if you are new to buying a camper, 12 Mar 2013
I had already bought the app, however there was not enough in that to drench my campervan thirst, we were looking at buying a T2 at the time. This is a brilliant little book, although I did forget to take it with me when buying the van , I had read it cover to cover several times and knew what to look for and ask, money well spent !

5.0 out of 5 stars To be purchased prior to buying a VW Campervan, 14 Dec 2012
As with a lot of things in life we buy items based on our own knowledge or experience. If we are lucky we may have a friend who has similar or even more knowledge and experience about an item. In my case I have previous knowledge and experience of purchasing cars & vans however I wished that I was aware of this little pocket sized book before I purchased my 1970 Bay partially restored,imported from California,VW Westfalia Campervan. The information contained within this little book would have been so benificial to me and anybody (experienced or new to VW Campervan vehicles) considering such an expensive purchase. This book really lays out the details of what to look for and how to be fully armed with the facts of possible problem areas including likely costs of repairs/replacement of parts. I would go as far as to say that anybody even just thinking about ownership of one of these classic vehicles should firstly buy, read (at least four times cover to cover) and then look at as many of these wonderful but potentially very expensive classics before parting with your hard earned cash.Once the purchase has been completed this little gem of a book maybe the best puchase you will ever make in relationship to the ownership, refurbishment and enjoyment of a VeeDub Bus. All the main contacts, clubs (very important for more info)and most of the suppliers of Campervans and parts are here for the future. This will undoubtedly be a reference book long after the purchase of a Van. It will be re-read many times I am sure.

7.92