5.0 out of 5 stars The books I wish I had written, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: Silver Scream: Pt. 2: 40 Classic Horror Movies 1941-1951 (Paperback)
Silver Scream Parts 1 & 2 are the finest books about Classic Horror you can buy. The last few years I dug real deep into the world of the great scary movies of the twenties, thirties and forties and I wish I had written Silver Scream. Part 2 has a lot of attention for the lesser known (and often not so great...) Universal movies of the forties. Films like The Mummy's Hand and Frankenstein meets the Wolfman didn't manage to keep up the high level of their earlier predecessors, but it's still great fun to read about the movies we grew up with. I'm very glad that Hill dug deep into all of the masterpieces that Val Lewton created for RKO. Lesser known films like The Ghost Ship and The Leopard Man are gems that every Classic Horror-fan needs to watch and The Seventh Victim more and more becomes the darkest, most intruiging horror movie that begs to be watched over and over again. Silver Scream Part 2 is just as good as Part 1 and for me even more fascinating because of at least 15 recommended films I haven't seen yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Horror, 17 Nov 2010
Silver scream pt 2 is a great book, my husbad is very impressed with it and finds it a good read.
Its tells you everything you need to know about horror movies

Silver Scream: Pt. 2: 40 Classic Horror Movies 1941-1951
Silver Scream: Pt. 2: 40 Classic Horror Movies 1941-1951 by Steven Warren Hill (Paperback - 16 Oct 2008)