5.0 out of 5 stars Snuffle, 5 May 2011
This review is from: Jeff Hawke: Ambassadors (Hardcover)
It's a book! It's a hoot! It has pages!

Created for a newspaper, so it's a collection of black and white line-drawn stories broken up into the standard three pane cartoon strip format, one strip appearing in the newspaper each day. Despite that, the story flows ok. Proves the writers knew what they were doing.

Rather witty, not badly drawn, and better than most newspaper strips of the time. Not as well drawn as the Dan Dare / Eagle content, but more intelligent and more interesting to read. I loved Frank Hampton's work when I was younger, now I find it a bit lightweight. Not so with Jeff Hawke.

Check out King of Thieves from the same publisher, if you get the chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars British Sci-Fi comic strip, 13 July 2011
This review is from: Jeff Hawke: Ambassadors (Hardcover)
The work of Sydney Jordan and Willie Patterson cannot be described easily. It's early sci-fi but that doesn't matter really as it's about aliens and alien experiences and humans...um it's human stories involving humans and their quirks.....errr. it's aliens interacting with humans in such a human way you wonder which is the alien. Just READ IT! the stories are beautifully illustrated and the dialogue is so funny...and this is from a daily newspaper!!! Incredible

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than I remembered, 31 May 2009
Robert Russell "picky person" (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jeff Hawke: Ambassadors (Hardcover)
I used to follow the strip cartoon in my dad's Daily Express. I thought that my memories of it were perhaps over-inflated by nostalgia. Not so. I read The Ambassadors with genuine admiration for how good it was. Why don't we get stuff this good written now?

Jeff Hawke: Ambassadors
Jeff Hawke: Ambassadors by Sydney Jordan (Hardcover - 25 July 2008)
13.90