5.0 out of 5 stars Adult Science Fiction Pioneer, 24 Sep 2010
J. Hallam "jhallam" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jeff Hawke: Overlord (Hardcover)
Jeff Hawke was inspired by Dan Dare, but wheras Dan Dare was aimed at discerning children and young adults, Jeff Hawke's target audience was the adult population.
I first saw Jeff Hawke as a comic strip in a famous newspaper when I was a child, and I was absolutely fascinated by it.
Well drawn and not too much corn or 'magic events', the stories were entirely credible to my young mind.
When a collection of the strips were bound together as complete stories in a single volume, I just had to buy it ... and I was not disappointed as I reread each story after so many ... many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars NostalgiaFest!, 4 Oct 2008
DM Jefferis (Brill, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jeff Hawke: Overlord (Hardcover)
The Italians have always been keen on Jeff Hawke, and I have a collection of hardback compilations bought over the years on biz trips to Bologna.

But now the original strip is here in English at last, in a bumper sized book, nicely printed.

Buy and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb artwork and adult stories, 11 Aug 2012
This review is from: Jeff Hawke: Overlord (Hardcover)
I read the Jeff Hawke strips when they first appeared in the Daily Express between 1955 and 1974. They are outstanding. There are 69 stories with an average of 94 strips in each story. This book and its companion volume contain some superb stories. The rest are being published by the Jeff Hawke Club under the name of Jeff Hawke's Cosmos. Read the Wikipedia article on Jeff Hawke for more information.

Jeff Hawke: Overlord
Jeff Hawke: Overlord by Sydney Jordan (Hardcover - 22 Feb 2008)
14.57