5.0 out of 5 stars First Prose Outing, 7 Feb 2009
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tank Girl: Armadillo! And A Bushel Of Other Stories (Paperback)
At last......She's Back!! And as sassy, rude and in your face as ever. She is the kind of girl you wish you were with and the kind of girl your girlfriend wishes she was. With the love of her life, the half kangeroo Booga and her usual assortment of dysfunctional friends they decide to get revenge on the town of Chankers where Booga comes from. So be prepared for violence and loads of crude humour. The attack on Chankers is the story that goes under the name of Armadillo in this book, and is the only novel. The second part of this book is made up of very short stories and a couple of scripts for graphic presentation. Also thrown in are a few poems, and an interview with everyone's favourite anti-heroine.

I would advise you to stay clear if you don't know who Tank Girl is because you may not get it all, also be careful if reading this in a public place because you will laugh out loud in some places. I first came to Tank Girl through the brilliant film, Tank Girl [1995]. So for me even reading the graphic novels Tank Girl will always look like the excellent and so sexy Lori Petty. If you are into quirky humour and like something a bit different and raw you will like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomeness, 10 Jun 2013
Even though this is a novel rather than a book, it still fits in the Tank Girl universe brilliantly. A nice change of pace but still the same hilarious fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tank girl is wonderful!!!!, 7 Jan 2011
Ms. S. L. Evans (England) - See all my reviews
Most Tank girl fans will start off loving her through the comics and some through the film. You may turn your nose up at this book but i think that if you love Tankgirl you will deffinatley love this book!(as long as you have an imagination and sense of humour) I love the graphic novels but think Tank girl works really well in a 'novel' form as we already have a striking image of her built up for us so can transfer what we have into the themes in this book. I may be speaking for myself only but i personally loved reading the chapters and smirking to myself as i could see in my head the images to go with it. I really loved reading this, i realise it's not for everyone but think if you can keep an open mind you will love it to. Also, the chapters are short so it gives it a conformity to the graphic novel format and makes the overall pace of the book similar to what you may be used to. I know you may be unsure but go on, try it. It's worth it in my opinion.

Tank Girl: Armadillo! And A Bushel Of Other Stories
Tank Girl: Armadillo! And A Bushel Of Other Stories by Alan C. Martin (Paperback - 21 Mar 2008)
5.87