4.0 out of 5 stars Old tales still good as new, 3 Aug 2008
BabyMarvel (South East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Tales of Blackberry Farm (Hardcover)
I would have prefered to have bought each of these country tales individually (for little toddler hands to hold) but having said that, this charming story collection is just as good now as it was when I was young.
The illustrations are exactly the same from what I can see and there's a moral behind each story which is wonderful. It's a favorite collection in our home and one which I'm sure will grow as my daughter grows.
* I am giving a 4 star rating instead of 5 simply because it's too heavy for a young child to carry alone (from bookshelf to sofa) although that won't always be the case!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Tales of Blackberry Farm, 2 Sep 2009
B. M. Greaves (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Tales of Blackberry Farm (Hardcover)
Purchased for my first grand child. A beautiful book, excellent print for children to look at while the stories are being read to them and lovely illustrations.

4.0 out of 5 stars good old fashioned animal tales, 25 Nov 2007
This review is from: The Complete Tales of Blackberry Farm (Hardcover)
I read these books as a child myself and it gives me great pleasure to read and have them read to me by my children they are good old fashioned tales of a community of farm animals with a slight beatrix potter hint. Lucy mouse keeps a secret is a firm favourite with my 6 year old as it was with me at the same age.The names alone of the animals makes you eager to read their tales i.e Mrs Nibble,Rosy Posy and Christopher, Little Martha and Naughty George.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, old-fashioned children's collection, 27 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Complete Tales of Blackberry Farm (Hardcover)
As a child in the 80's I loved these Blackberry Farm stories, which were then sold as individual little paperbacks, I would buy them with pocket money and had quite a collection.

It was only by chance that I came across this hardback collection (released in 2005) a couple of years ago and bought it sentimentally, I thoroughly enjoyed reading through the stories which brought back happy memories.

I recently introduced them to my four year old son, who really enjoys the simple tales of a country farm and the adventures of the (sometimes humanised) animals who live there.

Bearing in mind that these stories were originally written in the late 1950's they are slightly dated and old fashioned in some ways, eg the language is quite mature or out of use and yet the characters portray good values and morals and my son still enjoys the simple adventures which include drama and humour and are still very readable - in fact he often choses this book for bedtime stories, lots to chose from and not too long, he also has his favourite characters!

Illustrated throughout, this is an attractive book that will appeal to girls or boys around pre-school age.

Something a bit different from all the modern, themed picture books out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 21 April 2010
R. Radclyffe (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Tales of Blackberry Farm (Hardcover)
i had these books as a child and my mum passed them onto me for my daughter. they were read so much when i was a child they had seen better days. i wanted my little one to enjoy these stories too, so i purchased this book. it's lovely, all the original drawings all in one book. she loves them and i enjoy reading them to her. hopefully she will pass these timeless tales onto her children.

The Complete Tales of Blackberry Farm
The Complete Tales of Blackberry Farm by Jane Pilgrim (Hardcover - 1 Oct 2005)
Used & New from: 178.89