5.0 out of 5 stars Something a little different
Published on 12 Sep 2011 by jojoss

3.0 out of 5 stars great designs, pity about the errors
Agree totally with other reviewers - (I am well over 30 but wanted to make these designs not just for my teenage daughter and neice, but also made one for my sister and my 86 year old mother, all well-received!)

Published on 18 Jan 2012 by Tanee58

3.0 out of 5 stars great designs, pity about the errors, 18 Jan 2012
This review is from: Knit and Wrap: 25 Capelets, Cowls and Collars (Paperback)

My only quibble is that two designs have photos, but are not included, and there are a plethora of errors. I am reasonably experienced, so managed to correct the error on one design, but still found it frustrating and a waste of time knitting to find that the scarf looked wrong. Started the hood this weekend for myself, suspicious of the tension square so decided to ignore it, and the cape section still came out too small. I still want to make it, so have unpicked the lot and will try to reinvent it myself!

So, I would suggest novice knitters approach this with caution. It's a shame, as this could be such a wonderful book amongst all the rather middle-aged designs out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something a little different, 12 Sep 2011
This review is from: Knit and Wrap: 25 Capelets, Cowls and Collars (Paperback)
This is a very good book for any level of knitter. There are lots of different projects, mainly aimed at the younger market as they are quite trendy.They are wraps, cowls etc but with a modern edge. I really like the book and have successfully made two items already. I am glad I bought it but was not too pleased about the fact that there are a couple of attractive photos of garments but there are no details or patterns for these in the book! Also some of the wools suggested are probably American. However, it is a very useful book and I have enjoyed using it. It is attractively laid out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 July 2012
This review is from: Knit and Wrap: 25 Capelets, Cowls and Collars (Paperback)
I brought this becaulivestock stuff like this and the photos look amazing. However I've had very mixed results. 'Pout' turned out nicely but the 'Tease' hood is just wrong with multiple errors in the pattern. I'm an experienced knitter and so I was able to correct the problems but it took up alot of time and unpicking. I echo other reviews by saying the other design I wanted to do (the picture looks good) isn't even included in the book. Overall a great disappointment and soon to be relegated to the paper recycling (I can't inflict it's mistakes on someone else by reselling it or donating it to charity!)

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh my., 13 Nov 2011
What a shame.

The book has mistakes (see hood pattern) and also is mostly about patterns that need bulky yarn. In fact, my reason for buying the book, to get the pattern for the bluey green collar on page 111 by Ms. Cheung if you use the 'look inside the book' facility by amazon, was sadly not realised. The ONLY pattern that was not included. What a con.

Perfect if you are are a beginner for the easy bulky styles such as "sugar" but be careful. Not so much if you like are not a beginner and like a bit of more challenging knits with accurate patterns of course.

Needless to say, this is going back to the marketplace inventory...

4.0 out of 5 stars quick and easy, 5 Dec 2010
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is an attractive book aimed at the younger, under 30 knitter. It is also aimed at beginners with its simpler knits. The warp has been big in the past few years and this book is right on the beat with another trend too - quick knitting with bulky yarns. The 25 designs are created by different designers and you can learn a little about these in the book. The variety of patterns should mean that the book has wide appeal. Typically I prefer the finest yarn design in the book - Frivolous, but the chunky ones do look warm and cosy. I also love Captivating which is the only lacy pattern in the book. If you love quick and easy knots, you'll love this book. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some beautiful capes and collars to be knitted, 7 Dec 2014
Some beautiful capes and collars to be knitted.

Knit and Wrap: 25 Capelets, Cowls and Collars
Knit and Wrap: 25 Capelets, Cowls and Collars by Nathalie Mornu (Paperback - 1 Feb 2011)